𝟏𝟏, 𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

third person.

"hey d!" lillian greeted her friend by diana's locker.

"oh hey." she smiled at lillian.

"are you going anything after school today?" she asked.

diana shook. "uh no, not that i know of why?"

"we're going to the arcade after school you should come." lillian told her.

"yeah sure. what time?" diana closed her locker and the two started to walk down the hall seeing people gather around someone.

"at six." lillian answer. 

"hey guys." estrella greeted the two.

"hey." they both said.

"do you guys know what's going on?" estrella asked as they walked closer. diana and lillian shook their heads.

"oh." escaped diana's lips as she saw kevin gets asked out to the dance by someone. his girlfriend. the one diana didn't know about.

"so what do you say?" the girl asked, holding up a poster with 'will you go to the dance with me?' written on it.

"of course i will!" he hugged the girl and kissed her. they shared their i love yous and everyone continued do to what they were doing before.

"dang. i'm sorry d." trinity spoke from behind the three, eyeing the other girls.

she forced a smile. "it's fine. i didn't really like him anyways."

"did estrella tell you about the arcade?" trinity asked.

diana nodded, "yeah i'll go."

"great. it'll be fun. we'll all hang out again like the old times." grace smiled. the four girls shared a look before the bell rings and hey leave for class.

"i'll catch you guys later." diana nodded to the group, leaving with lillian.

"woah. it's been a while since we've been here." diana looked around the arcade, seeing many new games around.

"i know right. they even moved the candy booth!" estrella exclaimed and her eyes gleamed with excitement.

"you have a sweet tooth." daniel chuckled from behind the group then wrapping his arm around estrella.

she nodded with a smile. "uh huh. wanna come with me?" he nodded and then they left.

"hey." jack greeted his girlfriend, placing a kiss on her temple.

"hi." lillian smiled up at him even though they were about the same height.

"you guys wanna play like how we used to?" corbyn asked.

trinity looked at diana. "do you want to?" she asked her.

diana took a quick look at zach before agreeing. "why not. it'd be like the old days." she chuckled.

zach smiled. "basketball?" he asked diana. "last one there is a rotten eye!" she quickly made her way to the game.

zach laughed and shook his head, running after her. "you cheated!"

she gasped. "did not!"

"did to!"

"yup just like the old times." trinity smiled at the two as they continued to playfully argue.

corbyn looked at her. "do you uh, do you wanna get something to eat or...?"

"can we check on estrella first? i don't trust her with candy." she giggled.

he smiled. "yeah, yeah, of course."

"i'm winning!" diana said while shooting her ball.

"that's because you cheated!" zach exclaimed, trying to catch up. 

she shook her head, a smile not leaving her face. "just admit it! i'm better." she gave him a satisfied look.

"never!" he continued to make the ball in the basket. diana smiled at him but then regained her focus. "got distracted there smith?"

she blushed and looked away. "i- n- no. i- i just- i was giving you a head start. y- yeah." she stuttered, showing she was lying.

he looked at her, raising her brow. "yeah ok."

"i- i was!"

"sure whatever you say d. you're down by seven by the way." he smirked at her.

she rolled her eyes. "oh hush."

the two enjoyed another two hours with each other. they had a blast for sure. even though diana wouldn't admit it she really enjoyed her time with zach. she couldn't lie, she missed it.

"oh wow. i didn't know that was still there." zach chuckled lightly.

diana turned around and faced him for a second. "oh yeah. i thought they'd probably paint over it or something." he nodded.

the two were staring at the table where diana and zach put their first initial on it. "z+d=<3" it said.

zach wrote that after their first ever date together when they were in the seventh grade. diana always thought it was stupid and cheesy because they were kids and on that date he promised he'd date her for the rest of his life.

they dated eight months after that.

"you planned this didn't you?" diana asked, facing him once more.

"what- no-" she raised a brow. "yeah ok i planned this." she let out a small laugh. "howd you know?"

diana nodded towards corbyn and trinity. "trinity would never talk to corbyn after what he's done."

zach nodded. "right. i still kinda ship them though. they were a good couple."

diana agreed. "yeah they were." she took one last glance at the writing on the table. "whyd you plan this exactly?"

his faces flushed. "oh uh. i wanted to hang out with you and i figured this would be the only way."

she smiled. "well it did work didnt it." he nodded with a chuckled. "i had a great time."

"yeah so did i." the two started walked around. "um, i saw what happened with kevin. i'm sorry about that."

"it's fine." diana shrugged. "didn't really like him that much anyways."

"i also wanted to asked you something. i know this probably isn't romantic or whatever but would you like to go to the dance with me?" zach asked nervously.

she stayed quiet. "as friends if you want." he quickly added.

"as friends." she spoke quietly. "but who knows. that might change." she smiled at him.

stars discussions —

spring break yall, at least for me