𝟏𝟓, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

third person.

"it all just sounds like ooh, ooh, ooh, hoo. mm too young, too dumb to realize, that i should have bought you flowers." jonah sang. "and held your hand."

"holy shit," lillian mumbled, after what diana said, clearly in shock.

"should've gave you all my hours. when i had the chance. take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance." zach continued. "now my baby's dancing. but she's with another man." he looked up at diana, making eye contact.

zach locked his eyes along with diana for a second. an image of diana with jose dancing at dianas birthday crossed both of their thoughts.

"although it hurts. i'll be the first to say that i was wrong. oh, i know i'm probably much too late. to try and apologize for my mistakes. but i just want you to know." daniels voice went high and everyone applauded at the perfect pitch.

"i hope he buys you flowers. i hope he holds your hand. give you all his hours. when he had the chance. take you to every party. 'cause i remember how much you loved to dance." they all sang.

"do all the things i should have done. when i was you man. do all the things i should have done. when i was you man." zach finished off the song. once finished he wrapped one hand around the mic as he spoke into it, "thank you. thank you." he said as they cheered. "um, this one is called this town, enjoy."

"waking up to kiss you and nobody's there. the smell of your perfume still stuck in the air. it's hard." jonah started. "yesterday i thought i saw your shadow running round. it's funny how things never change in this old town. so for from the stars."

"and i want to tell you everything the words i never go to say the first time around. and i remember everything from when we were the children playing in this fairground. wish i was there with you now." jack harmonized the pre-chorus.

"if the whole world was watching i'd still dance with you. drive highways and byways to be there with. over and over the only truth. everything comes back to you." daniel sang the chorus.

"diana come on." grace tugged her arm.

"i saw that you moved on with someone new. in the pub that we met, he's got his arms around you." daniel sang the second verse.

"what where-" the girls dragged diana on the side of the stage.

"it's so hard. so hard." he continued.

zach faced jack and jack turned his head to where diana was standing with the girls behind her. zach sighed softly and took out the mic and walked towards her as he was singing to her.

diana gasped softly, "what's happening?" she questioned herself.

"and i want to tell you everything. the words i never got to say the first time around." he grabbed her hand, "and i remember everything. from when we were the children playing in this fairground." he walked with her to the middle of the stage. "wish i was there with you now." she grinned and he did as well.

zach looked to the guys as he put the mic back and they nodded. "because if the whole world was watching i'd still dance with you." the others sang as zach put one hand on her waist and the other on her shoulder and she did the same.

"drive highways and byways to be there with you. over and over the only truth."

while they danced the guys sang. when they danced it was like they only saw the person in front of them.

"everything comes back to you."

like the world did stop. like they were in a dark room and there was a spotlight that beamed on them.