Chapter 84 A Change of Staff

Start from the beginning

‘Thank you, Cursebreaker Nott,’ Tom said.

‘No, problem I’ll send you the bill,’ Haran said.

The Board made their way back up to the Meeting Room they were utilising and took their seats. All looking pleased that finally they would have a consistent Defence teacher. Maybe now the grades would go up.

‘Okay, first things first we are down three members of staff – Defence as per usual, the Headmaster and the Potions Professor,’ Smith began stiffly.

‘Let’s start with the senior staff positions shall we,’ Lady Kneen said primly.

‘Professor Flitwick has kindly agreed to take over as Headmaster and Professor Vector as the Head of Ravenclaw House on a permanent basis,’ Smith said.

‘And that brings us onto the position of Head of Slytherin House,’ Marcus said.

‘Indeed,’ Record Keeper Gleeves said. ‘Out of the teachers only Professor Aurora Sinistra is a Slytherin so she should be offered it.’

There were nods of agreements all around.

‘And that brings us onto the letter from Minerva McGonagall,’ Smith said. ‘She feels she has failed at her duties as the Deputy Head as she failed to notice Dumbledore’s embezzlement and Head of Gryffindor as she failed to protect students in her care. Thus, has tendered her resignation, although she was kind enough to agree to stay on as Transfiguration professor only until we can find a suitable replacement.’

‘We should reject it,’ Representative said sharply. ‘Minerva McGonagall has-‘

‘Failed to act when she noticed that my son was being abused!’ Tom said harshly. ‘If it wasn’t for the fact that classes start in three weeks, I would say that her resignation be accepted immediately. But, definitely, she should no longer be in a position of power!’

‘Well, who will replace her?’ asked Representative Hobday harshly.

‘Pomona is an ideal candidate for the Deputy Head position,’ Lord Smith said.