Chapter 18 Family Reunion

Thomas Marvolo Slytherin was in the second biggest bedroom of Crouch Manor as the Master Bedroom belonged to Barty Crouch Junior himself. After they had taken control of Crouch Manor from the current Head of the Ancient House of Crouch. Crouch Senior had been living in the basement for when they had use of him or his hair at least now he was gaining enough control for it to be too dangerous to send him out on his own.

Tom saw no point in pushing his servants for what he did not need such as a Master bedroom when he had grown up sharing a room with a string of other boys who all seemed to have nasty accidents which could never be pinned on anyone. Tom thought that taking his servants belonging to him would only lead to resentment of said servants (for good reason) which would lead to them betraying him. Tom would prefer loyal servants to needless comforts for his baby sized current body any day.

Of course, he had forgotten this in his madness and anger at James' kidnapping or that's what he had thought had happened until he realised that James had run off with the Muggleborn bitch from his school. Tom had no problem with Muggleborns apart from the fact they brought with them incorrect Muggle views on magic and relationships and gender and race. Well in fact on everything.

Tom never pretended that he liked Muggles. Not after what they put him through as a child. Why should he like a race that had done nothing but hurt him growing up? Still he didn't want to wipe them out even if that was possible given their huge numbers and weapons of mass destruction which had always terrified Tom bringing back memories of the London bombings.

Still Muggle beliefs in Muggleborns could be corrected with the correct initiation into the Wizarding World. Just look at the Muggleborns and Muggle raised Half-Bloods who were sorted into Slytherin and taught the correct way like he himself had. Then James had left him for a Mudblood and everything had changed mostly due to a personal vendetta on one Mudblood.

Tom had come to accept that his actions in the last years of the war weren't at all rational. Tom knew he had been dealing with a broken heart but that was no excuse for everything he had done. When Tom recalled it all now he felt sick but he knew he was going to do worse in order to get his body back.

Tom had tried to kill a fifteen month old child because the boy was the son of his husband and his husband's lover. He still had no idea what had happened to James but he intended to find out. Tom would go to the ends of the earth to find out what had happened to the one person Thomas Marvolo Slytherin had ever loved.

Tom still had no idea what to do about the Evans bitch's brat. A part of him still wanted to kill the boy but the boy was also James' child. The child that James had been willing to die for. James would have never forgiven him if he even thought about killing his son.

Tom knew the boy would never join him. Their meeting at the end of the boy's first year had proved that once and for all so with the prophecy hanging over both their heads Tom had little recourse but to kill the child. Tom could try to convince the boy once again but first year had proved that the brat would never believe a word he said about what little he knew of what had happened to his lover and the boy's father.