Chapter 52 Mothers and Fathers

It was the morning of the first of July in the Weasley household. In just two days Ron and the twins would be back from Hogwarts too. Ginny's father had gone off to work less than half an hour ago. The last few days had been tense in the Weasley household. There was the personal betrayal of Percy that they were all reeling from especially as Bill and Charlie were distancing themselves from the rest of the family and the upcoming war.

Then there was the upcoming trials and investigations that the Slytherins' lawyers and the Ministry were investigating. Due to the allegations levelled against Headmaster Dumbledore he was suspended from all duties in Hogwarts, the Wizengamot and the ICW until he was cleared of all charges. It made Ginny so angry at the stupid sheep of the wizarding word. Didn’t they understand what Dumbledore had sacrificed for them so they could be safe!? Didn’t they understand that Voldemort’s son was just as evil as Voldemort and had to be controlled or he would have destroyed their world!

That brought up the fact that it had been a week since Ginny had had The Procedure as Ginny had taken to referring to it in her head. Ginny’s cheeks still burned whenever she thought what had happened just last week. At least it had at least been a week and Ginny’s mother had gone to retrieve the pregnancy test potion from Snape ten minutes ago so Ginny could find out whether it had all been for naught or not.

Ginny's mother should be back any second and then finally Ginny would know one way or another whether it had worked. Ginny still had no idea if she wanted to be pregnant or not even if she knew that it would be beneficial if she was. Of course, Ginny wanted to money and power that being Regent Slytherin would get her but did she really want to have to bring up an evil Slytherin bastard?

Suddenly the Floo flared up Killing Curse green which meant that all Ginny's worries and half wishes to delay or speed up the test were moot point. Molly brought out a small bottle filled with a thick pure white potion that seemed almost unnatural. Ginny knew without a doubt that this was the potion which would test whether or not she was pregnant.

 ‘All you have to do is add a bit of blood to it,’ Molly said. ‘If you are pregnant it will turn bright green and if not it will congeal into maroon sludge.’

Ginny nodded gripping the sterile knife in her right hand that her knuckles began to turn as white as the potion. Ginny's mother removed the cork from the bottle of the white potion which smelt of dew in the morning. Ginny cut one of her fingers allowing the blood to dribble into the bottle. Immediately the potion turned bright green and smelt of apples.

Ginny stared at the small potion vial feeling a kaleidoscope of shock, horror and excitement not knowing what to think or feel at the news that the potion brought. Ginny knew what it meant – that she was pregnant with Slytherin’s brat. A week ago Ginny would have been jubilant but after what she had to do to get the money earner Ginny had no idea how to cope.

Molly beamed, ‘you’re pregnant. I have to tell the Headmaster.’