Chapter 76 Family Matters

‘You have a visitor,’ her guard scowled at her.

Molly Weasley was the same place she had been for the last twenty-four hours. In this tiny cell under the ministry. She had just been charged with double murder and conspiracy to commit first class line theft. These fools who condemned her didn’t understand that she had acted for the greater good of the whole world.

Molly knew that with what she had been charged with she would be sentenced to the Kiss. But Molly Weasley was not most people and she was not scared. Because she knew that Dumbledore would come for her.

Molly let herself be led in magical restraining cuffs to a small interview room. It was made of the same grey brick as her cell, with one small table made of grey stone. There were runes marked into the middle of the table.

‘Sit,’ her guard said.

Molly was forced to sit, and her guard pulled out her wand and placed it on the runes. A shield separating her from the other half of the room sprung up. The guard left her and shortly afterwards a short, thin, dark skinned man who was probably about ten years older than Molly herself was.

‘Hello, Mrs Weasley, I am Caesar Heap, Master of Magical Law,’ Heap introduced himself. ‘And Arthur Weasley’s legal counsel.’

‘You can tell Arthur I don’t need a lawyer,’ sniffed Molly.

Heap snorted, ‘I am not here to represent you, and I wouldn’t even if Arthur asked me to. No, I am here to serve you divorce papers.’

A pile of papers were placed on his end of the table and pushed through the barrier.

Molly bit out a laugh, ‘Arthur wouldn’t divorce me, he loves me.’

‘He does,’ agreed Heap. ‘You have also committed several Kissable offences and dragged him down with you. Is it any wonder that he wants to cut ties with you?’

‘Well, I won’t sign them!’ snarled Molly.

‘Then we will submit them to the Family Law Courts,’ Heap said. ‘Given everything that you have done, do you really think they will side with you? All it will do is delay the proceedings for up to four weeks. I am not going to say it benefits you to sign them rather than for it to proceed without your consent – it doesn’t as even with your consent you only get half of everything and you are unlikely to see anything of that ever again given your charges. But are you really going to cause your husband anymore harm? If you ever truly loved him, I urge you let him go.’