Chapter 50 The Old and Noble House of Weasley

Bill entered King Ragnok’s office carefully concealing his nervousness in front of the King – his boss. Yet he knew that he had to do this. If he did not then he would be considered guilty of embezzlement by association. Bill noticed a second goblin standing to Ragnok’s right hand side. The goblin was taller than the average goblin which meant he was about just under four feet tall. He had light straw coloured hair, steel coloured hair and greenish-grey skin.

Ragnok,’ greeted Bill politely.

‘Weasley,’ nodded the king staring at him out of hard night black eyes. ‘I have been reviewing your file. Your work in Egypt has been exemplary.’

‘Thank you, Ragnok,’ Bill replied respectfully.

‘All that remains to be seen is if your loyalty to Dumbledore and the Old and Noble House of Weasley outweighs your loyalty to us,’ Ragnok said coldly.

‘I love my family,’ Bill said softly, ‘but what they are doing is wrong! And I will not let their bad decisions ruin my career.’

Greatrant said you have sworn on your life and magic that you had nothing to do with the embezzlement from Heir Slytherin’s vaults.’

‘Yes,’ agreed Bill despite knowing Ragnok was not asking for any input.

‘And you were willing to be questioned under veritserum or even legimiised,’ Ragnok continued.

‘Yes,’ agreed Bill readily.

‘Luckily for you legimency will not be needed as we know that you are a skilled Occlumens and can shield your own mind,’ continued Ragnok. ‘So you will be dosed with Veritserum and questioned on your involvement in the embezzlement and attempted line theft on Heir Slytherin. Do you agree, Cursbreaker Weasley?’

‘Yes,’ Bill said simply.

Ragnok smiled a full toothed smile, ‘good. I had wanted to question you a long time ago. I will not have traitorous wizards working for the Nation but nor will I punish you for the family you were born to.’

‘Thank you,’ Bill said.