Chapter 75 The Problem with Twins

‘What happened with Ginny?’ Arthur asked pleadingly.

‘Right, well I have taken her case on your behalf,’ Heap said. ‘But unfortunately, she has ignored by advice wants to fight on the grounds that she was in the right. If she does that she will lose.’

‘And get the kiss,’ Arthur said grimly.

Heap nodded, ‘yes.’

‘Does she have any hope?’ asked Arthur softly.

‘Her only chance would be a plea of insanity due to being indoctrinated all her life,’ Heap said. ‘Due to her young age and how long Molly and Dumbledore groomed her to be Lady Potter especially if we make her look younger and more vulnerable than she is the Wizengamot might take pity on her. It would mean turning on Dumbledore, and your wife who would then be considered fully responsible for the line theft.’

Arthur closed his eyes – so it would come down to a choice between his wife and daughter. He loved his wife despite everything it turned out she was involved in. But Arthur knew that there was no choice at all – he would always choose his children. And it was Molly who had dragged Ginny into that. The word grooming had unsettled him, but that was exactly what she had done wasn’t it and Arthur had been blind to it.

Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred and George had seen what kind of a person Molly was. Even before everything had come out Bill and Charlie had moved to opposite ends of the world to get away from her. And now Arthur wondered if Percy, Fred and George would have followed suit anyway.

‘And what would happen to Ginny?’ asked Arthur.

‘If she was categorised as insane, she would have her magic bound and be locked up in the secure ward of Saint Mungo’s for the rest of her life,’ Heap said grimly. ‘And not the permanent ward where those who cannot function on their own are kept for their safety, but the locked ward where those who are a danger to others are kept. It is not a pleasant place.’

‘Better than Azkaban or the Kiss,’ Arthur said. ‘I’m still her legal guardian – aren’t I? So, I can override her decision.’

‘You can, but your wife would complicate that,’ Heap warned.

‘Molly was disowned shortly after her brothers were killed,’ Arthur said.

There was a reason that the boys had been unable to use the Prewett name when they had disowned themselves. Arthur never knew the reason behind the disownment, Molly had just said that her mothers had never liked her. But now knowing everything that he did know about Molly Arthur now wondered if that was the complete truth.