Alone (12)

I had a plan to get us all out of here. But should I tell the boys about it? We still don't know for sure if there are cameras down here. If I don't tell the boys, they will be surprised about it when I start to carry out my plan but it might still work. On the other hand if I do tell them, there will be no errors, and we don't have room for mess ups at these stakes.

"I can't believe he's making you spend the night upstairs." Liam said in shock.

"He makes it sound as if we are the ones who would hurt you." Harry growled, "If he tries anything I'll kill him."

"Don't let him do anything to you." Liam said squeezing my shoulder.

"Wait, you don't really expect us to let her go up there do you?" Harry asked Liam bewildered.

"I don't see how you could stop Rob." I said confused.

"I'll do anything to stop him. I won't let him hurt you, I told you I would make everything better, I promised." Harry told me.

        I knew I wasn't about to let Harry do something to his uncle, I couldn't imagine having to hurt someone I loved for someone that I... Rob told me that Harry liked me. A lot. But Rob was family and what kind of, erm, friend(?) Person, would I be to let Harry do whatever it took to his uncle just for me. Harry had too big of a heart, and that could be dangerous.

"It's OK Harry, I'll be fine." I tried to comfort but he wouldn't let up.

" No, I won't let it happen." He continued stubbornly, "Come on go lock yourself in the bathroom, We'll take care of the rest." He started dragging me toward the bathroom door glancing at the staircase where Rob would be coming back down soon.

"Harry no!" I yelled pulling my arm away and looking into his eyes. 
"You don't understand, it's OK." I persisted. I gave a huff and glanced around before pulling him closer. Whispering as quietly as I could I said,

"Now be very quiet in case he's listening but... I have a plan. When I can, I'm going to come unlock the door for you guys, so always be ready. I don't know when I will be able to but I'll have to wait until Rob isn't paying attention and don't just try to attack him when he comes down here again or something because he has a gun and he could easily kill one of us." I explained.

"And I can't let that happen." I finished looking down at my feet sorrowfully. Not so long ago I was just a fan of these guys, and now I couldn't imagine a life without them. Even though we haven't spent as much time as you'd think we would've, considering how close we were, they were like family. Harry looked at me with hope and understanding in his eyes. It felt good to talk to him again since I've been avoiding him a little bit lately. 

"I guess your right. I just don't want you to get hurt." Harry said staring deeply into my eyes. His intense stare sent butterflies through my stomach and I looked away wrapping my arm around Liams waist and leaning on him.

"I'll tell the others after you leave." Harry mumbled running his hand through his hair. He stepped a little closer but looked uncomfortable like he didn't know what to do with himself. He leaned in putting his lips next to my ear and said,

"I really do care about you though Lydia. I'm sorry about my uncle but I hope you won't think of me any differently because of him." at that he walked away and sat on the stairs. 

        There was nothing left to do but wait. Niall came over to me and we talked for a little while joking around a little bit but the conversation grew dull and I was left back to my own thoughts. Rob would be here any minute now and the nerves were just building up. I played with the bandages around my knee remembering the time that he shot me the day it all started. Thankfully my knee was feeling a lot better but it was still healing. That of course led me to think of my family. What were my mom and little sister Autumn up to? Did Dad know yet? Was my story on the news? I didn't have to ask if they were looking for me because I knew my mom, and I knew she wouldn't give up until she found me. But I was also worried for her health, she was probably loosing sleep and worried sick for sure. I wish I could talk to them and comfort them, let them know that I was OK and I would be coming home soon, well, hopefully.
Liam came over sitting next to me. A pained smile grew across his face as his eyes scanned my face. Harry was still sitting on the stairs waiting for Rob's arrival like a loyal dog. That comparison made me smile. Liam strung his arm around my shoulder moving closer and putting his other hand on my leg comfortingly.