Chapter Sixteen: Open Fire!

*Heyo! I'm back with another chapter of Past Troubles Remake!!! EEEEHHH!!! This is published on July 25, 2021. If you like this chapter, don't be afraid to vote and spam the comment section. That will be greatly appreciated! Enjoy!*

A familiar rattlesnake and his wolf henchmen approached the grand mansion as the doorbell was rung by his tail. When the door was prompted open by the penguin butler, the guns were raised while the snake slithered his tongue in and out of his mouth.

"Let us in," the rattlesnake growled.

The butler backed away to let the snake in with his wolf-henchmen.

"Oh look, it's Serpent Rattler, looking to talk," a familiar woman's voice spoke as the rattlesnake glanced up to see Nana Noodleman coming down the stairs in her elegant purple dress.

"Ah, the famous Nana Noodleman. The beauty in the theater and still a beauty to this day," Serpent, the rattlesnake, greeted with a sly smile.

Nana rolled her eyes while fanning herself with a purple open fan in her grasp. "Please, don't use such flattering dryly. I know you're here just to talk and not kill me with one of your dogs."

The wolves growled at the sheep, who just smirked.

"Huh, I guess wolves and dogs aren't so different after all," Nana muttered to herself.

Serpent slithered as he approached the bottom of the stairs. "I hear you funded for the show a couple of days ago. A splendid way to waste your money on a small local theater that wasn't supposed to exist."

"Are you here to talk business or make a threat? Because you're failing in both of those categories so far," Nana said with a deadpan stare at Serpent.

Serpent slithered as he let his large scaly body fit into the building. "I'm here to understand your reasoning. Your reason for behind buying back that theater that was supposed to be non-existent. Your reason for letting your little theater group go bigger than they should. Your reason for letting them out-perform me."

"Oh, I see what this is. You're just jealous because of how good the show is compared to your nasty ones. What's up with those poor girls dancing on those tiny little poles? Was that your idea of entertainment?"

"Entertainment is...subjective. What one could find entertaining would also be disgusting by the other. I make entertainment to trap families in a state of awe and fascination. The men liked to see women and be able to control them. The women liked to be flawless and wake up perfect. The children...well, don't they want something mind-numbing to escape from all the world's real problems? Heaven forbid, we want people to actually think when all we want was to make them addicted to what they see in front of them."

As Serpent was talking, the penguins were hiding in secret, getting out guns to protect their boss from the dangerous rattlesnake.

"Your little theater friends are running around, tampering with the way entertainment must be. Your grandson's little friend...what was his name? Buster Moon. He should've faded away but he...he didn't give up that easy."

Nana glared at Serpent. "And you're coming to me because?"

"Oh, Nana, you shouldn't ask questions you already know the answers to," Serpent replied with a cackle as the wolves raised their guns up at Nana.

Nana guffawed at the sight of the men pointing guns at her. "Oh, Serpent, you should know that I don't fear men who hid behind their weapons and their henchmen."

"Oh, I know that very well, dear Noodleman. But you would make an interesting model. Especially for an old sheep."

The wolves set their sights on the old sheep as Nana chuckled.