Chapter Twelve: Counting Down

*Hey guys, I'm back with another chapter!! It's counting down till the show is revealed! I'm excited! Who's excited to see what the theater gang can pull off?! This is published on July 17, 2021. If you like this chapter, don't be afraid to vote and spam the comment section! That will be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys for taking the time to read and vote on this story. It really means a lot to me. The song played is called "Way Less Sad" by AJR. Enjoy!*

The preparations for the show that took place in the upcoming few days hadn't been as easy as Maya hoped it would be. Since Buster had gone through series of hallucinations that almost killed him, the theater gang decided to take over for themselves. They need a plan, they need practice but they don't have enough time. With each passing hour, today had been difficult as they were cramming in practices and performances last minute.

Eddie wasn't lying when he said he knew people who could pull a few strings for them in the upcoming performances. No one knew, except Buster, that Eddie was related to the retired and former actress, Nana Noodleman.

Eddie arrived at the mansion where his nana lived as he could feel his entire body shaking. The sheep quickly approached the front door while ringing it. The penguin butler opened the door to let him in as Eddie walked into the mansion urgently.

"You seemed nervous," he heard a familiar voice as he glanced up to see a black old female sheep coming down the stairs with her purple glittering dress.

"Hey, Nana," Eddie uttered sheepishly.

"I know you don't come to me to say hi," Nana, the black female sheep, said while fanning herself with a purple fan. "What's your angle, Eddie?"

"I-I don't have an angle."

"Oh, that's right...it's unlike you to have any."

Eddie seemed slightly offended but he shook it off. "Well, maybe, I do have an angle. Maybe I just need help with something."

Nana gazed at her grandson while sipping the tea that was brought to her by her butler. "And what would that be? I'm sure I could hand you the money to fix--"

Eddie sighed deeply. "It doesn't have anything to do with money."

Nana cocked a brow up in suspicion. "It doesn't?"

"No, it doesn't."

Nana brought the teacup up to her lips, sipping it in thought. She lowered her tea away from her mouth. "Well, that's the first."

Eddie nodded his head. "It does, however, have something to do with the theater."

"Oh no...Your theater friend flooded it again."

"No, no. He's been through a lot in the past few weeks he came back here but no, he didn't flood the theater," Eddie reassured Nana.

"Then why do you need my help?"

"You used to perform there, right?"

Nana tilted her head. "Where are you going with this?"

"Well, I was wondering if you could help us set up for the upcoming show in the next few days."

"Ah, there it is. There's the angle," Nana pointed out with a smirk.

"Yeah...but we might need someone to help organize the performances," Eddie informed.

Nana straightened up. "Why isn't Buster doing it?"

"Because--" Eddie didn't know how to explain to Nana but he knew that if he tried to hide it, she'll be able to pry it out of him eventually. He finally sighed. "He went through series of hallucinations from whoever did it to him. Norman said it could be from the Rattler Society--"