Chapter Two: It's Not Safe

*Hey guys!!! I'm back with another chapter of Past Troubles Remake. This is published on July 1, 2021. If you guys are enjoying this book and this chapter, don't be afraid to vote and spam the comment section. That would be greatly appreciated. Warning: a tiny bit of blood. The song used is called "Hide and Seek" by Johnny T. I felt like this fits the chapter perfectly. Enjoy!*

Flashback:

"Look, guys! We can talk about this!" Mike shouted to the bears holding him hostage outside of the theater.

The lead bear rolled his eyes and put Mike in his mouth, earning a screech from the mouse. Before the bear could swallow the mouse, a door was prompted open, hitting him in the stomach.

Mike flew out of the bear's mouth with a yelp, shaking the saliva off of him. The car backed up and it revealed a familiar young woman mouse in a blue sparkling dress.

"Get in! Quick!" The young woman mouse, Nancy, shouted. Her hands were gripped on the steering wheel of her boyfriend's new sports car.

Mike, Nancy's boyfriend, sighed in heavy relief when she saved him from the clutches of the bear's mouth and got into the car quickly. The performance from the theater was bustling and loud in the background.

"Thank you, sweetheart!" Mike responded happily as Nancy drove away. The bear gangs, the ones who tried to kill Mike, jumped onto the car but Nancy was able to swerve them off.

Both of the mice breathed heavily as Mike gazed at his girlfriend lovingly.

"That was a close one," Mike said, letting out a small chuckle.

Nancy let out a small giggle back. "Yeah."

Unbeknownst to both of the mice, the lead bear perked up behind the car, gripping the back with his claws.

Nancy was the first to notice with a gasp. "Mike, look out!"

Before Mike could respond, Nancy shoved him out of his seat to dodge the bear's attack at him. The car swerved when Nancy let go to save Mike, crashing into the dark alleyway. Mike tumbled into the asphalt of the road, off of the car. His body was on the ground for a while as he lifted his eyelids to see the car in a still perfect condition except for the front bumper since it ran into the dumpster in the dark alleyway. The lead bear yanked Nancy out of her seat, earning a yelp from the distressed mistress.

"So, you're Mike's girl?" the lead bear replied while putting his claw right up against her chin.

Nancy's tears shimmered while being threatened with a claw in exchange for a knife.

"Guess you're just a little snack," The bear replied while getting ready to devour her.

Before Mike could stand up and fight the bear away from his love, a mysterious sleek black car drove over him in the street.

"Richard," A mysterious sleek voice called as Mike glanced up to see the lead bear respond and gazing into the black car above him. "You're eating mice now?"

"What? One of them stole my money from me. And this is his girlfriend," the lead bear growled as he held scared Nancy up in front of whoever was in the car.

"Your money? Richard, are you forgetting who you are paying?"

Mike blinked at the question while seeing his mistress in distress and scared.

Richard growled again. "I know who I'm paying. But if he ain't having my money--"

"Well, then steal some more money. It's that simple, Richard."