Chapter Fifteen: The Growing Problems

*Heyo, peeps! I came to bring the next chapter!! Heck yeah!!! This is published on July 23, 2021. If you guys like this chapter, don't be afraid to vote and spam the comment section. This chapter will be shorter than the last but not by much though. The song I used again is called "Way Less Sad" and it's used on a sad note. Warning: It does contain depressing themes from real life. Enjoy!*

Flashback:

Within the dark alleyway, shouts were heard as the little cheetah girl ran through the empty streets of Catalonia in the dead of night. She knew that stealing was bad but her stomach hungered for some flavors touching her tongue. Her father wouldn't condone it but he was starving along with her.

That's why she grabbed two sandwiches wrapped neatly without paying. Her fear and hunger boosted her speed as she stopped quickly and glanced over at the performance happening nearby. She witnessed a small stage of performers singing a song that was too distant to even recall.

"Hey-hey-hey, hey-hey-hey, hey-hey-hey

Hey-hey-hey, hey-hey-hey (oh-oh-oh), hey-hey-hey

I should move because Redshore City is getting muddy out.

There's Catalonia but it's always kinda sunny out.

And I don't wanna hurt no more

So, I set my bar real low."

"Hey!" The young cheetah girl noticed the tiger who was after her with a growl.

She began to speed away from the tiger as the singers continued to sing.

"I'm a-okay, I'm a-okay (ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah)

You say it but you just don't mean it

You're so insane, you're so insane (ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah)

Shut up and just enjoy this feelin'."

The young cheetah reached to the dark alleyway, hiding from her pursuer until she fooled him into thinking she kept running. With a little victory smirk, the young cheetah reached to where her father was, hiding by the trashcan with citizens walking past them like they were invisible.

"Don't you love it, don't you love it?

No, I ain't happy yet

But I'm way less sad

Don't you love it, don't you love it?

No, I ain't happy yet

But I'm way less sad

Hеy-hey-hey, hey-hеy-hey, hey-hey-hey

But I'm way less sad

Hey-hey-hey, hey-hey-hey (oh-oh-oh), hey-hey-hey

But I'm way less sad!"

The young cheetah approached her father with one of the wrapped sandwiches as the chorus was singing. Her father noticed the food, his eyes wide in shock. Part of him was about to scold her for stealing until his stomach was starving along with hers. He received the sandwich his daughter offered up to him, eating along with her as the song continued.

"I wake up and I'm not so mad at Twitter now

Livin' sucks but it's suckin' just a little now