Chapter Thirteen: It's Showtime!!!

*Heads up, long chapter ahead!!! EEEEHHH!!! Okay, it's showtime everybody!! This is published on July 19, 2021. If you like this chapter, don't be afraid to vote and spam the comment section. It'd be greatly appreciated! Tell me what you think of the performances!! I would love to hear from you! The songs used are called "Born To Be" by Scott DW, "Endgame" by Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran and Future, and "Levitating" by Dua Lipa along with the violin cover by Alan Milan. Enjoy!*

This was it. Today was the day. It was noon and Buster couldn't even sleep since he's so anxious about the show. He wanted to see the rehearsal, the first draft before the finale. As a boss who had been off for a few days, he needed to know how his fellow employees were doing. He's worried about the pressures Maya had to carry along with Porsche. Although Porsche was able to carry her own weight and run the show with or without Maya, the golden koala had a talent.

Buster knew this. He knew that Maya could do it but...he's afraid that he's putting her through a lot of pressure since she just moved out of her mother's toxic home and moving into the new home with Johnny and Nooshy. The koala showman could walk better than a few days ago so, there's nothing wrong with coming to the theater. But what if it's a disaster? No. He shouldn't doubt his workers yet. They've always shown talent, he trusted them to make sure they could perform their very best.

"Top of the morning."

Buster glanced up to see Norman coming down the stairs with a green buttoned up shirt and brown slacks. The koala tilted his head.

"You look nice...casually," Buster noted Norman's look.

Norman shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I'm going to the park. The kids want to fly their kites today."

Buster nodded his head in understanding. "Oh, that's amazing."

A ringing tone sounded from Norman's pocket as he picked it up. "Hello?"

There's a familiar woman's voice on the other end of the line.

"Oh, hey, honey," Norman greeted in a loving tone.

Buster leaned over, knowing that it must be Rosita speaking.

"Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Um...okay. Oh, amazing! Yeah. Yeah. Oh, why?"

Buster tilted his head as Norman glanced over at him questioningly.

Norman nodded his head in understanding. "Alright, honey. Have fun. I love you too. Goodbye."

Norman hung up the phone as Buster leaned over anxiously.

"What did she say?" Buster asked.

Norman scratched his head. "Well, she told me that the show is going to start at 6:45 but if we came earlier...say, 6:30, we'll get early seating on the balcony. So, from now to 6:30, we got a day to relax and--"

"Check on them! Perfect idea, Norman--"

"Uh, no. Rosita said you're not allowed to get in earlier than 6:30. She said that they have a surprise for you."

Buster blinked as he groaned deeply. "Oh, come on, I want to see their progress."

"Nope. You're not allowed to."

"Ugh...why?"

"Just go with it. You need to take your mind off the theater--"

"I have taken a few days off the theater. Thank you very much."

"Well, have another," Norman implied in a deadpan tone.

Buster sighed heavily as the piglets ran down the stairs with their kites and toys.