Prologue: Watching For Shooting Stars

*Hey folks! I'm here with the remake of Past Troubles! If you like this chapter don't be afraid to vote and comment! This is published on June 27, 2021. The song I'm using for the prologue is called "Watching For Comets" by Skillet. I think it's a beautiful song and you all should have a listen to it. I love you all and I hope you all have a wonderful day. Enjoy!*

As a young six-year-old daydreamer, Buster became in love with the theater. The young koala would cut out cardboard and drew them on with markers to set up the 'stage' and cut out characters that were messy colored and features not known to the eyes of an adult but the child knew who those cut-out performers were.

"What are you doing?"

The young koala glanced up and noticed a young cheetah girl, about his age, approaching him and sat down next to him.

"Look, we got performers on stage!" Buster pointed out with glee.

The cheetah smiled brightly. "Wow! Let's see what they're capable of!"

The cheetah joined playing with the little koala, singing nonsensical music while playing with their mouths to make up beats or melodies. In their minds, they thought they were actually making music instead of blabbering. They were using the cut-out characters to perform on the cardboard stage.

The cheetah paused in their playtime as she glanced up at Buster, who wasn't paying attention.

"Hey, Buster?"

The young koala glanced up at her with a small nod.

"Do you ever wonder about what you want to be when you grow up?"

Buster glanced at his little cut-out characters and cardboard stage. "I want to be in the theater!"

At the time when Buster was small, he had no idea what it means to be in the theater until later on in life.

However, the cheetah frowned and tilted her head. "What happens if you did go into the theater?"

Buster smiled ecstatically. "Maybe I can direct plays and participate! I can be a good actor!!"

The young cheetah flicked her ears to hear yelling. Buster heard it as well.

"Are our dads yelling at each other again, Chirea?" Buster asked the young cheetah named Chirea.

Chirea frowned while shaking her head. "No...they're just having their disagreements."

On cue, both men entered the room, one of them was a tall cheetah while the other was a koala.

"Chester, come on! I know it's hard but we got to try!" The adult koala tried to stop his friend from storming off.

"You had no idea what it's like living in the streets, Moon! My daughter and I had to live in it every day! You, at least, have a home for your own dear son!" Chester growled at the short koala while taking his daughter by the wrist. "Kom, dogter, laat ons huis toe gaan."

"Fine, leave! That's all you ever do!" Buster's father yelled as Chester grabbed Chirea by the wrist and guided her out of the house Buster was living in.

Buster focused off his cardboard theater, watching his friend being pulled away by her father while she only flicked a glance over her shoulder. Her eyes were shimmering in tears and she had no words to say. She couldn't even say goodbye to the small little koala. Before the little koala could ask, he felt a hand on his tiny shoulder, causing the child to look up and see his father staring into his bright blue eyes with his coffee brown ones.

"Did I do something wrong?" Buster asked innocently.

"No. Just keep playing," his father answered solemnly as he closed the door.

Buster blinked his innocent eyes and looked at his cut-out animals such as a gorilla, a porcupine, pigs, mice, and an elephant, staring up at him blankly.

The young koala glanced up once more again, hoping that his cheetah friend will one day return. 

To Be Continued...