Chapter Three: The New Assistant

*Edit: Porsche's name is actually Porscha. I made a mistake. The edit is July 28, 2021. The song is called "Little Game" by Benny. Enjoy!*

Rosita was at the grocery store called Roc's Supermarket early in the morning as always before she left to go to RedShore City. Her husband and her kids were still asleep, which gave her amplify the amount of time to get what she needed from the grocery. With a small yawn, she roamed through the aisles while getting a lot of food for her huge family. Rosita was about done with shopping and approached the line where a camel in front of her was scoffing.

"Why are the prices so high?!" the camel barked at the cashier.

Rosita took a good look at the cashier to see that she's a koala. Her timid blue eyes hid behind the opaque glasses. Her blonde hair tied up in a bun matched perfectly with her golden fur while her heart locket was worn around her neck.

The mother pig glanced at the nametag of the cashier dealing with this snotty camel.

"Maya Hart".

"I'm sorry, ma'am. Unless you got a discount with us--"

"Bah, bah, I don't have to get a discount with you thieves," the camel growled.

"Excuse me," Rosita stepped in with a snarl. "You let this poor girl do her job. If you have a problem with the prices, take it up with the manager of the store."

The camel huffed and turned sharply away from the mother pig. "Perhaps I will."

She marched to find the manager of the store as Rosita glanced at the young cashier's face, her frown present on her face.

"Don't let what the lady said get to you," Rosita interjected as the female koala glanced up at her in shock. "If she has problems with the prices here, she should go to another store. Why come here?"

Rosita placed her items on the conveyor belt as the koala was able to refresh whatever it was and scanned the mother's pig items.

"You-You didn't have to do that," the koala cashier uttered nervously while placing the items on the bag.

Rosita smiled softly. "Well, someone's got to stick up for you eventually."

The cashier grinned a bit. "Thank you."

Rosita nodded her head as the price was revealed to be a bit too expensive but she didn't mind paying.

"That should be $106.07. I'm so sorry if that's too high for you," Maya apologized.

"Don't worry, that's the price I was expecting. After all, I have twenty-five kids, so things are bound to get expensive," Rosita responded while taking out her wallet and her credit card.

"T-Twenty-five kids?"

"Oh yeah. And I'm not joking," Rosita replied with a giggle. "What's your name, sweetie?"

Rosita already knew the name of the cashier but she wanted to properly introduce herself before going further into the conversation.

"Oh, Maya," the koala cashier introduced herself in a friendly matter.

Rosita smiled softly. "My name is Rosita. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too," Maya uttered shyly.

Rosita smiled as she heard her phone. "Oh, give me a second." She picked her phone up and answered. "Hello?--Oh, hello, Norman. Oh...right now? Okay. Okay, I'll see you then."

Rosita hanged up her phone with a worried look on her face. "I gotta go."

"Work?"

"No, my husband is awake with the kids. You know, you should visit me at the Moon Theater sometime. It's a great place to relax if you need to," Rosita said as she loaded the bags quickly into the shopping cart.