He's been doing that the whole hour.

Close eyes.

Sink.

Open.

Close eyes.

Sink.

Open.

I caught myself doing the same every here and then. I'd close my eyes, sink, and open them.

However I'm pretty sure I forgot to open once, because around halfway through the movie I felt a really gentle tap on my hand and woke up.

And Louis had a microscopic smile on. Super little.

"Thanks," I'd whispered.

He had just nodded in response.

That's the most exciting thing that's happened this hour. Other than that we're all just trying to stay awake.

Once the movie had finished, I'm pretty sure the entire class was either asleep, or on the brink of it.

Mr. Brown went around and had fun waking all  of the sleeping students up for the next period.

To one kid, he'd clap really loud.

To the next, he'd kick their desk chair.

To Amelia, he poked her arm with a pencil.

Sometimes I wonder if teachers put on boring things just for the sake of getting to humiliate the tired students when it's done.

Once the class was over- once all the classes were over- I got home and instantly flopped onto my bed.

I yanked the blanket over my head and closed my eyes.

I fell asleep within five minutes.

Louis POV
~

"Hello? Millie?" I call out into the house, finding my way to couch and collapsing.
"Hello Louis," I heard in return. From her bedroom, Millie walked out with a bowl of snacks in her hands.

"How was your day?" She sat on the chair and gave me that same interrogating look. She's been giving it to me ever since the second day of school. Ever since I got home with tears running down my face, and refusing to tell her why.

"Horrible," I mumble and close my eyes, resting my hands behind my head.

She narrows her eyes.
"Why?"

"Tired."

"How come?"

I opened my eyes back up and looked her way. She was trying to get it out of me again.

"Millie stop."

"Stop what?"

"Stop trying to figure out whats wrong with me. For heavens sake I feel like I can't breathe around you anymore," I say with a huff, sounding slightly more harsh than I meant for.