Chapter 18

Liam woke up in the middle of the night to notice he is hugging Ted. Thinking that Zayn is just in the washroom and Liam being too tired and sleepy to check, he fell asleep again.

The next morning, he woke up with Zayn playing with his hair.

"Goodmorning, Zayn," Liam smiled brightly. He is happy to wake up with Zayn by his side. Although he can feel a little tugging in his heart by how those bruises look, Zayn being with him is enough to cover things for now.

"Baby, go eat. I have prepared food for you."

Liam's brows knit in confusion. Is it just me or he sounds tired?

Liam, you idiot, he just got back yesterday and he has bruises littering his body. Of course, he'll be tired.

"Right, Zayn. Come on. Let's eat." Liam stood up and Zayn held him by the hand as they walk together out of the room.

"I got hungry, Baby. So I ate first. I do not want to wake you up earlier." Zayn said which confused Liam. They always dine together. Liam, he only ate a little last night, remember?

Zayn sat beside him and just stared at him while eating, occasionally petting his head or arranging his hair. But he does not say anything. And neither does Liam. They are in a comfortable silence.

After eating Zayn washed the dishes like he used to. And Liam is waiting for him to finish. He was looking at his phone and reading for e-mails when a glass broke.

Oh, Zayn slipped a glass from his hold.

Zayn stood there silently. His hand still in the form of holding a glass. He seems... shocked. Strange. Liam stood up to get a broom when he saw Zayn bend down to pick up the sharp pieces of glass.

"Zayn, no!" He exclaimed loudly. He does not want Zayn to hurt himself. What is he thinking, picking up the glass shards?

Zayn looked at him. And for once he thought he saw fear in Zayn's eyes. Turns out, his eyes are just alarmed from Liam's sudden outburst. Zayn's hand is shaking a little? Liam is not sure with what he saw so he blinked and looked again. Zayn is not shaking. Phew, I thought I scared him.

"I will get a broom, Zayn."

Liam quickly cleaned the area and disposed the glass pieces properly.

"You have work, right, Baby?" Zayn asked him as he hugs Liam from the back. His voice a little sad.

"Yes, but I will be working here. And do not worry about ZJM, Zayn. I have contacted the lawyers to manage things for you."

"Oh~ Really? You'll stay here for the day?" Zayn said. And Liam can't help but smile at the excitement hidden in Zayn's soft voice.

"Yes, Zayn."

"My very good Baby. I just do not want you to go to work alone." Zayn said as he sniffs Liam's neck and tracing it with his nose in the process.

Liam giggles. Damn, my boyfriend being my boyfriend. "Come on, Zayn. I have work to do. But I'll sit on the bed. You can hug me the whole time. Just a suggestion though."

Zayn willed Liam to face him and Zayn kissed him full on the lips. Ahh~ those soft lips. "I'll do it anyway."

Liam blushed and laughed as he dragged Zayn towards their room.

The day went by pretty normal and domestic. Zayn cooked their lunch. Them eating together although Zayn's food intake is lesser than what he normally would eat. But Zayn assured him that he is fine and that it will take a while to get his appetite back because his body is still recovering. And of course, Liam believed him.