Chapter 9

"No, too tight on you, Zayn." This is the sixth suit Zayn has fitted and Liam is not having it. He is tired of changing clothes.

They are now at a luxurious shopping mall, trying to pick out a suit for a ball to be held later. And Liam is being his bratty and whiny self again.

Zayn went inside the fitting room to wear another set of clothing. When he was done, he came out of the room and Liam's eyes nearly popped out of its socket. Is it too ugly this time? I think it looks great! What is it with him today?

"No. Change, Zayn," Zayn can say this time, Liam is thinking hard.

"What is wrong with this, Liam?" He asked calmly. "Whether you like it or not, I choose this." If I continue giving in to Liam's whims, I will be tired before the ball even started.

"You look too good in it," Liam said while looking like he is really in a deep problem and Zayn can't help but smirk. Isn't the baby so adorable?

"Don't worry. This man is all yours." Zayn gave him a lopsided smile and Liam opened and closed his mouth.

Zayn turned to the saleslady and politely said, "I'll get this, miss."

"Hey! You are indeed mine!" Liam exclaimed when he recovered.

◻◻◻◻◻

Zayn's phone rang. It was the flowers he ordered online. He cannot choose them himself because Liam has been sticking to his side all day long.

He got out while Liam is preparing to get dressed to receive the flowers.

When the delivery guy handed it to him, he can't help but smile softly. The flowers are a small bouquet of red roses. Nothing much because he could not afford much. But something to give to the baby.

He carried the roses inside, looking at the roses. When he looked up, it was when Liam went out of the room.

Zayn's breathing hitched when he saw Liam.

Liam is wearing a velvet dark blue coat. His inner shirt has two buttons undone. His chest a little exposed. Enough to give a tease. His hair a little wavy and styled in a dishevelled way. So fucking beautiful.

When Liam saw him, his eyes zeroed on the flower. He is smiling brightly with tinted cheeks. So worth it.

Zayn walked over to Liam and he cannot stop himself. I'm sorry, Liam. He kissed Liam hard and bit his lips that he can taste blood in it. And Liam welcomed the kiss.

When Zayn broke from the kiss, he can see Liam's lips swollen and bruised and Liam's eyes in daze. Perfect and mine.

"This is for you, Liam."

Liam hastily snatched the flowers from his hand. "Oh thank you, Zayn! It's my first time I received a flower from the person I like! I am happy."

"But I am the only one you have ever liked, right?" Zayn asked jealousy slowly bubbles inside him.

"You can never know." Liam was wiggling his eyes playfully at Zayn.

Zayn just walked out of the house to go to the car. Leaving a laughing Liam.

"Of course! You are the only one I have ever liked and the only one I will ever like. I am quite serious on you, Mr. Malik! Hey!" Liam is running after him.

*******

The next venue was filled with expensive, wealth and power. And Zayn is not used to these things, but he is a little familiar. It feels like he has been to one but the memory is vague. Clearly, he is not intimidated to be surrounded with people of high position. Zayn held his head high, eyes cold, face impassive, one hand on Liam's waist. Mine.