part 20 Retaliation

Sinon pov

It had only been A-day since I sent the message out to the rebel's cell but I felt that my time was slowly slipping away from me. The evil that now came to rest on my planet kept me on edge every time I heard the audible breathing it sent shivers up my spine. Vader had wasted no time in mobilizing the imperials that were already on the planet and his troops to crack down on any suspicious militia groups on the planet. As I sat in my office Vader's agent was speaking to me the chiss woman spoke in a very elegant accent that belied her lethal nature. Snapping out of her thoughts she addresses the Imperial in her office.

Sinon- agents the problems that are going on are beyond viability to control.

Serene- Lord Vader's castle was invaded by the rebels from this planet he takes that somewhat personally.

Sinon- I've set up checkpoints I have done everything I'm supposed to do in order to stop these rebels I don't know what else you people want from me.

As the 2 people talked they became aware of an overwhelming cold coming from the door before everyone heard the audible breathing.

Vader- perhaps that is the problem you lack imagination senator when it comes to producing results.

Sinon looks up at the figure in black as he walks into the room his heavy boots echoing along with his breathing.

Sinon- Lord Vader what you are asking is the subjugation of my own people if the rebels have left then there's no reason for the Empire to be here with such force.

Sinon starts to shrink in her seat as the Dark Lord approached her. She didn't understand why but she felt overwhelming evil coming from him. She heard the rumors about Darth Vader but she never thought in a million years she'd ever meet the emperor's enforcer.

Vader-  If the rebels have left Sarkhai then we must draw them back and if they are here we must draw them out. I will squeeze Sarkhai someone is going to value their mother their father their son their daughter enough to tell me what I want to know.

Sinon could feel knots in her stomach she knew that her people were in danger thinking quickly thinking of something she tries to voice her opinion.

Sinon- I'm sorry my Lord but I'm not used to performing those kind of brutal tactics... Perhaps there's another way we can approach this problem.

The black eyes of Vader's helmet seem to bore into Sinon's soul

Vader- you can explain your excuses to the emperor when you visit him

Without another word, Vader turns on his heel heading to the door.

Sinon- Visit the emperor

Vader-he expects you tomorrow in order for you to account for your failure as a senator.

Sinon- But my Lord I'm needed here I couldn't possibly leave right now when my people need me.

Despite her words, Vader simply left her office followed quickly by 2 stormtroopers. The chiss looked at her with a smile on her face.

Serene- do not worry senator Lord Vader and I will look after everything in your absence oh by the way all communication off-world is being cut in effect right now. I'm certain your daughter is looking forward to coming home.

Without another word that chiss closes the door behind her. Sinon was now horrifically scared if the Imperial agent knew about her daughter then that meant that Vader also knew.

Vader makes his way to a specially modified room that was to serve as his antechamber he couldn't remove his armored or prosthetics as he could normally but it would allow him to remove his helmet so he could meditate. His agent follows him into the room awaiting further instructions as the room slowly drains of normal oxygen.