Chapter 5

You slept incredibly well that night. Maybe the sea was the reason? Maybe just being out with the horses was the reason? Maybe... maybe it was Alcina? Whatever it was, you woke up feeling good. You were free today, so you didn't know what you'll do. You're greeted by your maids after you leave your room.
"Hello, my lady." They say, bowing at the waist. You nod and continue to walk. What can you do today... You can't be bugging Alcina every day, asking to hang out and you can't distract your working maids. You sat down with your breakfast ahead of you. Same usual routine. You sigh and look at the table's surface, your ring still sitting where you left it yesterday. You ignored it.

You went back into your room and changed. Again, you wore something comfy and breezy. You went outside. Today was cold, but a comfortable cold. You walk towards the opera hall. You sit at your grand piano.
"Piano piece..." You mumble, flicking through the pages of your note book. You land on your favourite, which put a smile on your face. You knew this song off by heart, so the book was unnecessary. You began to play, your movements began to move like fluid. Holy god, you loved this piece. "Vigil", David Ross Lawn. You found this piece when you were cleaning through your mother's stuff after she died. You found it in her own piano book. This was the piece she used to play when you were younger, every time before bed...
"Y/N..."
You pause and your movements stiffen. That voice was familiar. You look up from your piano and meet a pair of eyes.
"Alexander..." You mumble. He stood in the doorway of the opera hall, leaning against it.
"Hello, Y/N..." He mumbled, a smile developing on his face.
"What are you doing here?" You ask, avoiding eye contact with him and keeping your face neutral. He sighed and walked up closer to you.
"Y/N please, I miss you."
You look at him and scrunch your face up.
"Miss me? Miss my castle and bossing me, seems more right."
"Y/N, I-"
"No, Alexander. What is your business back in my castle?" You ask, "What do you want?"
"What will I say for Cristian's birthday? We broke up? We are legally still married."
You inhaled through your mouth but stopped yourself. He was correct.
"No one knows, except Mrs. Maro herself. You're lucky Mr. Maro is away these nights." You reply.
"He's coming home later today. I need to stay back here."
You sigh.
"Fine."
Yep, that's the day ruined.

You sat at the dining table, with a book in hand. Alexander was at the end, chatting to one of your messengers.
"Y/N, I'm inviting Darius over."
You nod with a little hum. At least Alcina may come over? You sure hope she does because Darius and Alexander on their own is horrible, chaos.
"Is Alcina coming over too?" You speak your thoughts. You didn't intend to say that publicly. Alexander looked at you with a confused look.
"She can? I see no problem."
Your face burned up. You nod and hide your face into your book.
"Take Cosmo over to Castle Dimitrescu, okay?"
Your messenger nodded and left the room.
"What's the occasion for having Darius over?" You ask, your face cooling down.
"For a drink. Why do you want Alcina over?"
You struggle to find words.
"So she's not excluded." You manage to say. Alexander looked at you with a confused look on his face. You sensed a feeling of suspicion from him. What he said the last time, about the way you look at women must be running through his head. Does he think you and Alcina...
"Okay." He mumbles. For some reason, it felt like some weight was lifted off your shoulders.
"You and Alcina seem to be great friends." Alexander mumbled, looking down at the village newspaper.
"Yeah, she's quite nice." You reply, looking down at your book. That feeling came to you again and it made you smile. You felt Alexander's gaze on you so you wiped the smile away. He was definitely sussed about you.

You were in your room, getting changed when you heard a carriage arrive. You continued to stand as your maid fixed your corset. After a few days of not wearing one, it felt a bit uncomfortable.
"It will get more comfortable the more you wear it, my lady." Your maid said, like she read your mind.
"I hope so." You chuckle.
"I promise it will, my lady."
You smile.