Chapter 3

You're woken by the chirps from birds outside and the sun peeking through the cracks in your curtains. You yawn, stretching while doing so. Your husband still lay beside you, still asleep as always. You throw the covers off you and get out of bed. You carelessly throw the duvet back over the place you lay. You walk over and look in the mirror on your desk. Your reflection stared right back at you. You pick up a hair bobble that lay on your desk and tied your hair into a low pony, just so it's off your face. You begin to quietly hum a violin piece you're currently learning. That suddenly made you remember that you have a lesson later this day with your teacher. You sigh and leave the room, taking your dressing gown with you as you leave through the door. A maid accidentally bumped into you.
"I'm so sorry, my lady." She said, her voice shaky.
"It's alright, just be careful next time." You smile, gently laying a hand on her shoulder and giving it a squeeze. The maid nods. You lifted your hand off her shoulder and let her walk off to whatever task she's doing. You walk down the stairs into the kitchen, where you're met with more maids.
"Good morning." The all say in unison.
"Good morning." You reply, smiling.
"You're breakfast is almost ready, my lady. I'm sorry it's a bit late, there was a small accident in the maids corner of the castle earlier." A maid smiled as you sat down.
"Oh it's fine. Is everything okay?" You ask, draping your leg over the other.
"Everyone is fine. Someone accidentally knocked something over."
You nod. The maids continue working. You began to think what you'll do today, the lesson of course but what to do before and after. You thought of bringing Finn out for a gallop somewhere then maybe working in the garden. You sigh.
"Here my lady." Your maid smiled, putting your granola in front of you.
"It looks lovely, thank you. Now please have a few minutes of a break." You smile.
"Thank you, my lady!"
You nod. They leave and close the door behind them. You pick up your spoon and dive into it. You cheer after finding some strawberries hidden in the granola.

After devouring your breakfast, you leave the bowl in the sink. You think again and decide. Finn, you'll be going out with Finn. You walk back up to your room, your husband still asleep. You begin to change into your riding gear. While you changed, you thought about where you will go with Finn. Beach? Too cold. Out in the fields? You did that the last day... Out on the cross country track? Maybe a bit of the field then maybe pop over a jump or two. After changing, you grab your boots and put them on. You leave the room again, not looking back at your husband. You begin to walk towards the courtyard. You pass a few maids on your way there. You nod as a hello. You push open the courtyard doors. The sound of bees made you smile. Your flowers must be good if the bees like them. You walk towards the stables, seeing the stable girls sweeping the ground.
"Hello my lady." One smiled.
"Hello Sonya." You say. "Can I take Finn out?"
"You don't need to ask, ma'am!"
You chuckle.
"I don't want to ruin the work." You say. The stable girl shakes her head.
"Don't worry about it."
You nod, going to the tack room. You pick up Finn's saddle and bridle. Finn sticks his head out from the stable, a chunk of hay stuck on his lip. You chuckle and leave the tack on the door of the vacant stable next to Finn.
"The food keeps missing your mouth, bud." You laugh, taking the hay off his lip. One of the stable girls walk past you.
"He's already groomed." She smiled.
"Thank you so much!" You say with a wide smile.
"He was quite dirty so I just gave him a bath."
"That saves a lot of time, thank you."
She nodded and continued to clean. You open the stable door, taking the bridle with you. You pat Finn's neck and begin to put on his bridle. Then you begin to put on his saddle. He was always the best for putting on tack. He would stand still as a statue as you place the saddle on his back and keep his head low when you put on the bridle. You tighten his girth, then check your stirrups. All good. You slap his bum playfully. He hits you with his tail.
"Okay, I deserved that." You laugh and take the reins over his head. You lead him out of the stable to the mounting block.
"Where are you planning on taking him, ma'am?" The other stable girl asked.
"Out in the fields and maybe jump some jumps. I'm unsure at the moment."
She nods.
"Have fun."
"Thank you, Alyssa. If Alexander looks for me, tell him where I went."
"Of course, my lady."
You nod and gently click your tongue, sending Finn into a strong walk. You fix your reins, getting the correct length so it doesn't pull on Finn's mouth. You start leading Finn to the fields. He recognised where you were taking him so he burst into a trot excitedly. You sit to the trot.
"Excited bud?" You ask, gently patting his neck. He snorts, so you take it as a yes. You click your tongue and ask for a canter. Finn does the canter.
"Good boy!" You coo, smiling. The field gate was open so Finn cantered in. He starts giving you signals he wants to gallop. You laugh and kick his sides. He neighs and bursts into a gallop. The wind blew up against your face, going through your H/C hair. You enjoyed that feeling, it felt so refreshing.
"Good boy!" You cheer, dropping your reins and throwing your hands in the air.