PIANO LESSON

Summary: Barry teaches Oliver piano before things get a little out of hand.
—————————

Oliver had begged him for months, trying to convince him to teach the archer the piano.

Barry had chuckled when he first heard the archer request it, answering with, "why would you want to learn that?"

Oliver had tried to smile as he dropped the subject. He came back again though, and again.

Barry finally got so fed up that he agreed.

So here they were on a Saturday morning in the Queen Mansion's music room, sitting at the grand piano. Barry showed him the keys, and how to sit, where to place his fingers.

And slowly, Oliver copied whatever he played on the piano.

"Ok," Barry said, sighing. "You're pretty good, Ol. Give me Yankee Doodle again." Barry keyed him in.

Oliver's fingers started on the right keys, until about part way through the song when he hit the wrong one. "Goddamn it," he cried, hitting the piano.

Barry shoved him off the piano bench. "Okay, another rule for piano: never hit it." He breathed out, his fingers gracing the keys. "Go get some water."

Oliver stood up, walking over to the pitcher on the table. He grabbed a cup and filled it up.

Barry's fingers caressed the keys before he started to play. He didn't pick the song, but 'all of me' by John Legend was stuck in his head. He opened his mouth, and for the first time in years, he sang.

"What would I do without your smart mouth?"  Oliver looked over at him, shocked.
Drawin' me in, and you kickin' me out.
You've got my head spinnin', no kidding.
I can't pin you down.
What's goin' on in that beautiful mind?
I'm on your magical mystery ride, and I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright," Barry sang lightly as he played the keys.

Oliver smiled as Barry hummed slightly.

"My head's under water, but I'm breathing fine. You're crazy, and I'm out of my mind." The keys were perfect, the exact replication. Barry's posture was exactly right, and his fingers were graceful and gentle. "Cause all of me, love's all of you.
Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections.
Give your all to me, I'll give my all to you. You're my end and my beginning.
Even when I lose, I'm winning."

Oliver leaned against the couch, watching intently. Barry smiled as he keyed into the post-chorus.

"Cause I give you all of me, and you give me all of you, oh-oh. How many times do I have to tell you, even when you're crying, you're beautiful too.
The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood. You're my downfall, you're my muse.My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues. I can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you."

Oliver moved closer, his smile growing bigger. He watched as Barry's eyes lit up.

"My head's under water, but I'm breathin' fine. You're crazy and I'm out of my mind. Cause all of me,
Loves all of you, Love your curves and all your edges.
All your perfect imperfections.
Give your all to me, I'll give my all to you.
You're my end and my beginnin'.
Even when I lose, I'm winnin'."

Barry sucked in more air, feeling his heart rise as he stared at Oliver's face. He smiled warmly, continuing to play the piano.

"'Cause I give you all of me, and you give me all of you, oh-oh. Give me all of you, oh.
Cards on the table, we're both showing hearts
Risking it all, though it's hard. "Cause all of me, love's all of you.
Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections.
Give your all to me, I'll give my all to you. You're my end and my beginning.
Even when I lose, I'm winning. 'Cause I give you all of me, and you give me all of you."

His voice went quiet and sharp as he played the last section.

"I give you all of me, and you give me all of you, oh-oh."

Barry breathed in as Oliver started clapping. "Barry," Oliver said, grinning. "That was brilliant!"

Barry shrugged, blushing as he stood up. "It was nothing. That's how you do it right," he said. He ran forward and locked lips with Oliver. His hands ran through the archer's hair as they moved to their bedroom.

Ten minutes later, they smiled at each other.

"Barry...." Oliver said as he dragged his fingers along Barry's chest.

Barry chuckled as he leaned into Oliver. "No, I'm not teaching you to sing too."

"I wasn't going to say that!" Oliver said. "I just never knew you could sing that well."

Barry chuckled again, his fingers laying on Oliver neck. "Time for your next piano lesson."

"Bring it on, B."

————————