INVASION PT 1

Summary: what if Barry had managed to give himself up to the dominators? Lots of olivarry and fluff.

Another crossover with Olivarry cause I feel like it!

<•>

"This isn't up for debate," Barry said, shaking his head as he stared at his friends. "This is not even a close call."

Oliver was staring down at the ground, Felicity looked saddened, and Ray was watching him skeptically. Kara was standing next to Oliver, arms crossed and lips pursed.

"I turn myself over to the Dominators, and they leave the rest of the world alone," Barry continued. He watched as Oliver looked up at him. Barry smiled lightly. "It's simple."

"No, it's not simple!" Felicity chided.

Diggle nodded slightly. "Barry, it doesn't matter what you've done, but you can't do this."

Barry sighed as he looked at them one last time. "It's been an honor to know all of you, to fight alongside you. Now it's up to you to keep our home safe." He turned around, starting to walk away from them. He tried to summon as much strength as he could; he couldn't show weakness, not now.

"Barry!" Oliver bit out, causing the speedster to stop. Barry sighed quietly. "I'm not letting you leave."

"No offense, Oliver, but you and what army?" Barry asked, turning around. All of his friends stood there, united.

"This one." Kara's voice echoed into Barry's ears.

"Listen, Red," Mick explained. "I don't like you, but when you got a crew... you got to take a hit for the rest."

Barry scoffed as he walked forward. "That's pretty inspiring. I mean, up until the point that Mick compared us to a bunch of criminals."

"According to the dominators, that's what we are," Oliver chuckled.

"I'm not letting you sacrifice yourself," Cisco was standing in front of Barry now. For the first time in months, he looked the speedster in the eye. "I don't care if that's what it means to be a hero. You're not a hero to me, you're my friend."

Barry sighed as he walked over to Oliver, touching their foreheads together. "I'm sorry, Ollie," He whispered. His speed activated, and he punched Oliver in the gut.

He sped away faster than they'd ever seen him, and by the time they got out the door, there was only dust.

Barry pulled down his cowl as he approached the dominator ship. He spread his hands. "I'm here," he called out. "Now, honor your promise. Take me and leave."

The dominators approached him. The one in the middle nodded. "Very well," they agreed. "We honor our bargains."

Suddenly, they hit Barry on his head, causing him to crumple to the ground.

One of the dominators picked him up and swung him over their shoulder.

They nodded to each other and strode back onto their ship, the unconscious speedster dangling. The supposed hero had made the choice, now they would make theirs.

It was time to finalize their plan.

Oliver practically snapped his bow in half.

Barry was gone.

What was it with Barry and being a hero?

He'd barely had over one year with the speedster. Sure, they had kissed, but it hadn't become serious until a year ago.