Chapter 76 Family Matters

Start from the beginning

Molly had loved Arthur Weasley since she was fifteen years old. Her friends and family had never understood – at the time she was the Heiress of the Prewett family, and he was a penniless blood-traitor, but he was kind, gentle, did everything she asked and though she hung the moon. He was everything she wanted in a man and she knew she had the resources to look after them both whilst he researched Muggles. He was planning to write a book on his discoveries.

But then Molly was disowned after she had stopped her brothers from becoming a threat. They were suddenly left with nothing but the profits from their produce at the Burrow to support seven young children. Arthur dropped his research project and went to work at the Ministry to support them, but it had only brought in enough to live meagrely, never like Molly had been used to.  

Fortunately, Dumbledore had helped them through those years. If he hadn’t Molly would have left them a long time ago. And now Arthur wanted to divorce her because she had done what she could to make all their lives better!

‘No,’ Molly said pushing the papers back to the lawyer.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

‘Your wife is refusing to sign the papers,’ Heap was explaining.

‘It’s probably hard on her,’ Arthur said despite everything wanting to give his wife the benefit of the doubt.

Heap snorted, ‘it seemed to me that she wanted to punish you.’

Arthur closed his eyes and tried very hard to bury the pain that threatened to suffocate him. If he felt this bad now, what happened when he was convicted and was sent to the Dementors and had all of those feelings heightened, and everything good in his life stripped from him. Arthur wasn’t sure he would be able to survive that for very long.

But now was not the time to think of despair. If he was going to be any use to his children (after how much he had failed them all) he had to be calm in the face of his ultimate doom. He knew that the older ones would be fine by themselves, they had proven that much already. He had sent a letter to his younger brother, beginning him and his wife to take Ron in – hopefully they would be able to straighten Ron out before he destroyed any future he may have had. That left Ginny whom he needed to make sure that she had the best case possible for when she ultimately faced the gallows.

‘So how do we proceed?’ asked Arthur.