Chapter 74 A Gilded Prison

Start from the beginning

There was a simple single iron cast bed with fresh bedding. There was a bedside table with a couple of books, chest of drawers and a dark green armchair. There was a small window overlooking the grounds which probably could have contained the whole of Ottery St. Catchpole. Attached to the room was a small porcelain bathroom with a couple of toiletries. Everything that Ginny would need never to be seen in the rest of the house which was clearly Flint’s plan; to lock her up and keep her out of sight until the baby came.

There was another dark-skinned man with piercing black eyes already present. He was carrying a black bag so was likely the Healer Flint had called. Because of course Ginny was no more than a baby carrier to him.

‘Ah, so this must be the girl,’ the Healer said. ‘I am Healer Whitehead, if you would take a seat.’

Ginny scowled at the two men and sat on the bed. Despite its plainness it was comfy and obviously the mattress and bedding were brand new. Flint may think of this as a punishment, but her room was smaller at home.

‘How far along are you?’ asked Whitehead.

‘Six weeks,’ Ginny said crossing her arms defensively.

‘Any morning sickness?’ asked Healer Whitehead.

Ginny scowled, ‘a little.’

‘I can prescribe her anti-emetics,’ Whitehead said.

Flint nodded, ‘if you would.’

‘And how are you feeling?’ asked Whitehead.

‘How do you think I’m feeling?’ snapped Ginny.

Her family had been arrested; she had been charged with line theft. She had found out that all of their plans had been for naught. She wasn’t going to be next Lady or Regent Potter. No instead she was going to be executed and until that day she would be being imprisoned by someone who was obviously a Dark wizard.

‘How are you feeling physically?’ asked Whitehead.

‘Tired,’ Ginny replied.