𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 37

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

~~

My body stiffened. Feet nailed to the floor. My face probably said something before I could.

"Oh! Hi Y/n. A pleasure to see you again, and Sawamura remember?" He started, wearing the same police uniform as before, except his blue button-down was switched to a white one.

"If dealing with the police twice in a week is a pleasure to you, we have different ideas of pleasure."

He let out a soft left causing his chest to rise in a pattern of pulses.

Jean came from behind me leaning his hand on the door above my head. "Is everything okay?"

"Hey there. Everything's fine, I just received a call about a noise complaint, so if you could turn it down that'll be great."

"Oh, sure thing! It's not a problem." I spoke, somewhat swallowing my words.

"Alright, that's all. Enjoy the rest of your night you guys!" Officer Daichi waved goodbye and turned on his heel.

"You okay?" Jean asked, rubbing my back.

"Yeah, I'm fine!"

"The music wasn't even loud, I'll go tell them to lower it."

"Right! I don't know why my dad moved into a neighborhood of Karens."

Jean's lips curved into a smile, his bright teeth peeking out. "So-"

"Yoo," Kenny walked out of the bathroom Jean and I was going to go. "Where ya Mom at?"

"She's outside. You were in there the whole time?" I answered.

"Mhm, I was on the phone, what y'all doin inside?" he questioned us, raising an eyebrow.

Just in time, the oven's timer, starting blaring its high pitch beeping, each beep lasting 3 seconds each.

"Jean, can you tell my Dad what happened and that food is ready. Kenny help me carry it out." I changed the subject. Jean nodded his head and made his way outside.

"What happened?" Kenny asked me light concern pricking his voice.

"Nothing major, the police came cause we got a noise complaint, but the same officer pulled me over the other day," I explained tossing my cup in the trash and grabbing oven mitts from the drawer.

"You thought it was about what happened," He replied in a 'duh' tone taking a mitt from my extended hand. "Are you okay?"

I let out an exasperated laugh, getting irritated by that question. It was my idea after all. "Of course, I just haven't heard or seen Porco or Jennifer since."