𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 1

Friday, 8:44 AM

Breathe.

Let's go.

Slightly shifting my weight to my left leg, I made sure to turn my hips, and in one motion I swiftly swung my leg towards my opponent, bringing my left arm down to add more power.

"Too slow." Annie corrected. Within a blink of an eye, she had grabbed my leg and used her whole body to slam me against the mat of the ring.

I know she didn't just RKO me with my leg using full-strength... I think I'm seeing colors.

You heard some giggling and tilted your head up to see Annie trying to hide her growing smile.

"You think this is a funny bitch. Suck a shit, what happened to pulling your punches?" Y/n panted.

"You told me not to hold back, so I didn't." Annie reached out her neatly wrapped arm to help you stand.

You rolled your eyes. No arguments there. You've been training again with Annie at your father's gym ever since you came back from studying abroad in France four days ago.

"You did really good considering you haven't trained intensely in a couple of months."

She's right, while I was in France I was focusing on sight-seeing, having fun, and expanding my modeling career. Yeah, I would go on runs with some people I met out there but not the heavy training I was used to.

The song "Temperature" by Sean Paul played at a comfortable volume while Annie and I cleaned up the ring before the gym opened up for the day.

"Yo Annie you wanna go to the art museum with me today? I heard they have a new sculpture exhibit!" you suggested.

"Damn I wish I could but I promised Reiner and Bertolt that I would help them clean their new apartment. Plus I have to teach a class here later today."

"I keep forgetting you work here ugh. That's too baddd, who will I make fun of the shrimp dicks artists give with now?" you commented, trying to persuade her to join you.

You saw Annies demeanor change, you knew this was something she enjoyed because she found it so hilarious.

"Don't do that y/n, I want to go but I can't."

You scoffed, "Beetroot and Ryeneer can clean their damn selves."

Annie let out one of her contagious laughs, that echoed throughout the gym.

"You're still calling them that...holy shit," she said in between laughs.

"Duh, tell Reiner and Bear trot I said hey I guess," you commented sarcastically.

Annie let out another laugh. At this point, she was hunching over and her face started to redden.

You shook your head, gathered your things, and hit the showers to get ready for the museum.

After your shower, you lotioned your skin, sprayed perfume, did your edges, and flipped your knotless braids to the side. You admired yourself in the mirror as you got ready. Getting ready was something you took seriously because you loved to feel confident in the clothes you wore and how you present yourself to the world.