𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 27

Wednesday 8:55 AM

Wednesday 8:55 AM

~~

The sound of my annoying alarm awoke me from my deep sleep and I groaned in annoyance rolling over to shut my alarm off. After the noise stopped I sighed and stretched out my body making my right leg shake.

I sat up and stared at my wall processing that I was awake. My trance was broken when I felt a breeze flowing through my head. I instantly ran off my bed to my bathroom and was shocked by my reflection.

My hair was in all sorts of mess. Sticking up like a bird's nest, dry and undefined curls everywhere. I groaned and mentally cursed my bonnet for teleporting off my head and went who knows where.

Fan-fucking-tastic. Now I have to put more effort into my hair, plus I have an audition after school.

I grabbed a scrunchie from my room and gathered all my hair into one bun to stay out of my face while I get ready. I also went to Mielles room to make sure she was awake.

Today we were going to some cafe close to campus before class with Sasha, Connie, Marco, and Jean.

After completing my skincare routine I picked out my outfit. For my audition I had to wear black jeans and a black tank top with heels, so to make my life simple I wore the black jeans graphic tee and some vans. I packed the tank top and heels in a separate bag and went back to the bathroom to tame my hair.

"Oh my god!" I groaned. My second hair tie just snapped as I tried to tie my hair in a low puff. I pinched my fingers to pull out the broken hair tie, and it was stuck between my hair and when I pulled it out, parts of my slick hair fell out of place.

"Alright. It's enough."

I reslicked my stray hairs back into place and throwing my hairbrush on the counter in frustration. I was tying my hair tie around for the third time. My arms aching from being held in the air for so long. I took a breath and relaxed my arms for a second before continuing.

Snap! My broken hair tie snapped against my wrist and fell on the floor. "Alright, you're not gonna work with me today cool," I complained while walking out the bathroom and into Mielles room.

"I'm not going to school today," I spoke quickly before turning to walk out.

"Uh, why not?" Mielle questioned while putting her edge brush down on one of her counters.

"My hair won't cooperate, so I'm not going," I stated while slapping my thigh.

"What's wrong with it?"

"I broke three hair ties and my arms hurt."

"Oh boyyy, sit down ill do it."

I sucked my teeth and sat on the couch in the living room. Shortly after, Mielle returned with a larger hair tie that looked like a thin headband and easily wrapped it around my ponytail.