Chapter 17

Eyes forward.

Only focus on the prize, the reward. Never stop striving to win.

That's something that Maya had been told ever since she was able to remember, her father had drilled it into her head as a child.

Maya had just turned 18, she had started to look for a suitable job that could earn her a decent amount of money.

She needed to get out of her fathers house as soon as possible.

She was currently laying in her bed, fast asleep.

It was 8:30am, and apparently Maya couldn't lie in.

Ever.

"Maya wake up!" Yelled her father, as he made his way into the blondes room; pushing past the door.

Maya hadn't heard her dads voice, it was the freezing cold ice water she felt, which caused her whole body to jolt upright, now she was awake.

The freezing cold liquid splashed everywhere, soaking her sheets completely, as well as herself.

"Up now!" He ordered, which Maya reluctantly listened to as she stood from her bed, her dampened clothes sticking to her skin.

"Clean all this up" he placed the bucket on the floor and left the room, leaving a freezing cold, wet Maya.

After she cleaned the sheets, made her bed, mopped the floor: had a shower and got dressed, she made her way over to Carina's.

Things between the couple had been going really well.

After the little treat the blonde has given the brunette, they were inseparable.

Maya was yet to receive her side of the bargain. That didn't matter though.

She didn't care, as long as Carina was satisfied and happy, that's all that mattered.

"Hi Bella" Carina beamed, as she opened the door to see her gorgeous girlfriend on the other side.

However, she didn't seem happy. Something was wrong.

The sigh that came from the blonde confirmed this.

Carina held her arms out for her girlfriend, sending the need for comfort from the blonde.

Maya leant into her girlfriends arms, as she lazily wrapped her own around the brunettes waist.

"Oh no, not a good day so far?" Carina asked, as she attached her fingers to the blondes head and started to gently massage her scalp, knowing the gesture made her girlfriend relax.

She frowned as her girlfriend shook her head no to the previous question.

Maya really didn't want to talk about it

"Would you like to talk about it?" Carina didn't want to push the blonde, but it always made her feel better when she offered Maya the chance, wanting to comfort the blonde.

Keeping things bottled up didn't help either of them. Maya knew this, but she didn't want to move right now, she didn't want to speak, she just wanted the comfort and touch she was receiving from the Italian.

"Let's go sit down" Carina whispered as she ushered the blonde over to the couch, and got comfortable herself, before Maya followed suit and rested her body on top of the brunettes.

This was all she wanted all day, everyday.

"Bella?" Carina wasn't sure if the blonde had fallen asleep.

"Hmm?" Nope definitely not asleep, the brunette smiled down at her girlfriend, as she lifted her head from the position on her chest.

Maya had a smirk that the brunette knew all to well, it was a cheeky smile, the type of smile that she made after their first time.

Carina loved that smile, it's part of what made Maya, Maya- Cheeky.

Before she could even protest, Carina could feel soft lips gently trailing across the side of her neck.

Why would she even try to protest though, this was heaven.

The brunette used her hands to firmly attach them to blonde locks, as she pulled the blonde further against her.

"Bella are you sure you don't want to talk?" Carina asked, watching as Maya's eyebrows furrowed together slightly.

"Look... it was my Dad, he's being a dick again, but it's nothing I can't handle for now" she explained, eyes falling to Carina's lips after she spoke.

"He's not hurting me at the moment, don't worry my love"

Those last few words was all the reassurance that brunette needed for now- she's ok for now.

Why did he have to be like this? Maya had already lost her mother at such a young age, he can't at least make it easier for the blonde?

Perhaps maybe that's why he is the way he is. He lost his wife, it's tragic.

However, that's no excuse to both physically and mentally abuse your child. No excuse.

Carina's train of thought was interrupted when she felt Maya's breath as she got closer.

Heavy breaths were being exchanged, as the brunettes heart was beginning to beat faster.

Why?

This was a familiar occurrence, any time the blonde even touched her, she would feel like she's having a heart attack.

Soft kisses to the neck soon turned into soft kisses to the lips.

Maya adored to feel her girlfriend, even whilst kissing her.

She felt so tender under her touch.

Consuming, that's one way to describe their time spent together.

Constant exhales of breath were needed as the kiss began to get deeper and deeper.

Breathless.

Although the breaths were very much needed, they also didn't, as every kiss gave them all the air in their lungs that they needed.

A sudden ringing of Maya's phone from her jean pocket drew the couples attention elsewhere.

"Shit, babe I need to get this" Maya breathed, as the brunette placed wanting kisses to her neck, which made it harder for the blonde to pull away.

"Carina" she attempted again, whilst pulling away from the blonde, a knowing smile plastered across the Italians face.

Maya reluctantly leant away from her girlfriend and stood, as she received the ringing device from her back pocket.

Maya froze suddenly as she saw the words across her screen.

Carina noticed the change in Maya's facial expression, thinking that her father called, like he always did just to pester her.

However, the paleness spreading from Maya's face and spreading across the rest of her body, told Carina that this perhaps was more.

"Bella what's wrong?" She asked, patiently waiting for a reply as she rested against the sofa.

"Social services are calling me"

AN:

Hi hi hi hi. I'm back, I apologise for the lack of updates on this story, I have been incredibly busy. The past 3 weeks is exam season for me, I have my exams for the rest of this week, and the following week. However I felt as though i should update, I wanted to.

What do you think will happen to Maya?

I hoped you Enjoyed it 😚

If any of you ever need to talk/chat then my Snapchat is listed below.

Lilylezzer09 (yes Ik very cringe, I made it when I was a baby gay. Hehe)