Chapter 1

It wasn't foreign that she'd miss her home town. She grew up in Italy. Her friends, her family, of which were the few reasons she didn't want to leave.

However, Carina was leaving for an important reason. Mama was in America, it's been long enough since the brunette had seen the older woman, she felt like now was the right time.

Carina made her way onto the plane, as she took one last breath of Italy, before both herself, and her twin brother boarded the plane. excitement appeared in the pits of Carina's stomach as she stepped onto the vehicle.

"Andrea do you want to sit by the window?" She asked, knowing her brother had never been out of the country before, knowing the window seat offered a great view. "Ooo yes please" he nodded, as he squeezed himself past the brunette to take the seat by the window.

"Look at the view Andrea" she whispered, whilst pointing to the amazing view of the Italian waters below them.

The brunette had settled with a magazine she had taken with her from Italy, as she started to read it, she couldn't help but notice the facial expressions plastered across Andreas face. Eyes shut tightly, scrunched up nose, head tilted back so it rested on the seat.

"Andrea it's ok, this bit only lasts for a couple minutes, and then we'll be going straight forward" she explained, in attempt to sooth her brother.

"I know but it hurts my ears" he replied, moving one of his hands up to his ear to try and un-pop it.

Once they arrived in America, the brunette grabbed their luggage from the compartments above them. "Andrea take this bag and follow me" she instructed, knowing that this was the most hectic part of their trip. "Sì" he replied, as he picked up the heaviest bags and followed his sister.

Once they made it off the plane, they made their way to baggage claim, to collect their suitcase.
"Andrea keep an eye out for the bags" she told him, as she too kept an eye out for their suitcase.

"Sì ok" he nodded.

"I see it!" Andrew exclaimed, before he made his way over to the suitcase to collect it. "Bravo" she praised.

Both teenagers continued to make their way through the airport, in hopes they'd see their mother waiting for them.

"Can you see her?" Carina asked, looking closely for the small woman.

"No" Andrew replied, as he too looked around from where they were standing. No sight of their mother yet.

It wasn't long before Carina spotted their mother, a welcome sign tightly gripped in the woman's hands.

"Andrea I see her let's go" they made their way over to the older woman.

"Mama!" Carina exclaimed, as she wrapped both arms around the smaller woman, with Andrew also joining in on the hug.

"My baby's, oh god I've missed you so much" she cried between kisses. "Sì anch'io" (yes me too) the brunette replied, as she placed a soft kiss to her mother's cheek.

"How was your flight? I bet you're both so exhausted" she stated, knowing how draining the trip can be.

"It was ok actually, I slept through most of it" the brunette explained. "Ahh Sì what about you Andrea?" She asked, as they made their way out of the airport. "No Mama I couldn't sleep my ears were hurting too much" he told her

"ahhh you're knew to planes you'll get used to it Bambino" she replied, as she guided both teenagers outside, and towards the car.

"Ok put all of your belongings in the back" she instructed.

After driving for two hours, they finally arrived at the cottage their mother was staying at. "Oh my god Mama this is beautiful" the brunette exclaimed, as her eyes scanned over the brick building covered in flowers, which had a concrete pavement leading them to the front door. "Gracias Bella"

They were now settled in and eating dinner. Andrew had fallen asleep upstairs due to the jet lag, and lack of sleep. "So Carina how have you been?" She asked her daughter, wanting to know what she's been up to for the past 5 years. "I've been good" she replied, but wanting to change the subject "Papa said he misses you" she told her, knowing that they split for a good reason. However she could tell that their mother still had feelings for their father.

"Ahh he did, did he? She asked, as she ate her spaghetti. "Sì, but that doesn't matter, how has America been treating you?" She asked, not wanting to make the older woman upset or uncomfortable with the previous topic.

The brunette had been in america for much longer than Carina, to the older woman this was her home, which also explains the difference in their accents.

"Good Bambina, good" she replied, smiling at her daughter.

"Are you looking forward to your first day at your new school tomorrow?" She asked, knowing it must be scary moving to a new country, and then having to attend a completely different school, not to mention learn a different language, even though the brunette was familiar with speaking the language.

"Sì kind of, I mean I still miss my friends from back home, but I guess I'll make some here" the brunette shrugged, not wanting to get too worked up about her first day tomorrow.

She was terrified.