Chapter 4

After lunch both Andrew and Carina made their way into their English class. They took a seat next to each other.

"spero che avremo un bravo insegnante, il mio ultimo è stato un cazzone" (I hope we get a nice teacher, my last one was a dick) she heard her brother whisper, as he leant towards the brunette so no one could hear them, even though no one understood what they were saying.

It made Carina laugh, a smile on Andrews face as he leant away.

"Mine was nice to be honest"

The class hadn't started yet, so it gave both teens some time to chat before they were interrupted by the teacher.

"Maya! You're late to my lesson again!" He exclaimed, his arms crossed over his chest, definitely not happy with the blonde.

Carina looked up when she heard the familiar name.

The way they were seeing each other becoming more of a pattern: Maya being shouted at for being late.

"Sorry sir, I was in the bathroom"  the blonde replied, head down, eyes focusing on her shoes as she made her way over to her seat, which of course was in front of the brunette.

"che scusa stupida" Andrew whispered, causing the brunette to slide her foot under the table so it was closer to her brothers shins, and kicked him: not with too much force, but enough to make him glare at her.

"questa è maya la ragazza di cui ti ho parlato" ( thats Maya the girl I told you about" she whisper shouted back, not understanding why she felt the need to stick up for the girl sat in front of her.

Maya avoided any possible eye contact with the Italian. She wasn't death however, and could hear her name being said.

The thought of being able to speak another language sounded amusing to the blonde, being able to curse at her father in another language didn't sound too bad.

"Class today we're going to be learning about Romeo and Juliet" the teacher explained which earned some cheers and whistles from the pupils.

"I want you to work with the person next to you, and discuss what Romeo and Juliet is, off you go 5 minutes" he told them.

"I have no idea what this is about" Andrea told his sister, eyebrows furrowed as he scanned the information sheets they were handed to try and have an understanding.

"me either" she replied.

"Need some help?" Maya asked, assuming by the confused looks plastered across both of her classmates faces that they didn't know a single thing about Romeo and Juliet. However, the blonde happened to know quite a lot about the novel.

She smiled softly at the brunette before glaring back at the boy sat next to her.

It amused Carina when Maya glared at her brother, normally used to a look of pure lust. She remembered the brunette from earlier in the cafeteria that latched onto the girl for dear life.

"Sì yes please" she replied, as she turned to see the look on Andrews face. The image caused Carina to laugh quietly, the sound being Maya's new favourite symphony.

"Romeo is the guy that fell in love with Juliet, there were two sides Romeo being in the Montague family and Juliet being on the Capulet family. They were enemies." Carina nodded, listening to every word that Maya spoke.

"Juliet's father didn't necessarily agree with his daughters choice of man; he wanted her to marry someone called Paris, long story short Romeo shot her cousin Tybolt, which resulted in Romeo having to flee, otherwise he'd be banished. Romeo was told that Juliet had died so he planned to get some poison and die with her. However, they faked her death, and when he found her "dead" he drank the poison, which killed him. She woke up to find him dead, and shout herself shortly after" both jaws were unhinged. They were completely shocked with how the story ended.

"Woah that's a very dramatic story" the brunette closed her parted lips, before using her tongue to wetter them quickly.

The action wasn't unnoticed by the blonde. She saw it. Her heart rate suddenly started to quicken. Why? She wasn't sure.

After 20 minutes of the class silently writing notes about the tragedy that was Romeo and Juliet, Carina spoke.

"How do you spell misinterpreted?" She whispered, leaning over so Andrew could hear her.

"umm I'm not sure ask her" he said, as he pointed his pencil towards the blonde.

"Maya, how do you spell misinterpreted?" she asked, as she leant forward so she could tap the girls shoulder in an attempt to get her attention.

Maya lifted her eyes away from the paper in front of her and drew her attention to the brunette.

"How do you spell misinterpreted?" She asked again, not sure if the blonde heard her the first time.

"here can I?" Maya leant over further when she received a head nod from Carina.

Maya had always been good at English, she enjoyed it, so it made her happy whilst writing the word for the girl sat in front of her.

She had to flip the book so that she wasn't writing upside down, she wasn't that smart.

"Thank you" Carina admired the blondes handwriting, small, and neat.

"You're welcome" Maya replied, before smiling and looking back down at the page she was previously writing on.

It had been a good first day at school, she could say that. She was happy to have met the blonde, there was something special about her, something Intriguing, but also suspicious at the same time.

They were currently sat in their car, in the drive way of their home, as they made their way towards the front door.

"Ciao my baby's how was it?" The older woman asked as she pulled both of her children in for a hug, before ushering them inside to hear all about their first day.

AN:

What do you want to happen next? What do you think will happen next?