Chapter 3

Carina took her seat at the first desk she saw with an empty space, after the massacre of teenagers finally took their seats. She grabbed her books from her bag, and placed them on the desk in front of her.

After a few minutes of silence their was soon an interruption. 

"Sorry I'm late miss" the blonde girl apologised, bowing her head slightly, and looking at her shoes.

"It's ok, go sit down" the woman replied.

As soon as she heard footsteps coming towards her she looked up, and was met with the most mesmerising, ocean blue eyes.

"Hi, you must be new" she heard, which broke the silence between the two.

"Sì yes" she replied, as she held her hand out towards the blonde.

"I love the accent, Italian?" the blonde asked.

"Sì, Grazie" she replied.

Maya was shocked, how could someone be this beautiful? Not to mention those eyes, oh sweet lord the eyes, she could get lost in those chocolate brown orbs forever.

Woahhh slow down Bishop, she thought, as she immediately pushed those thoughts out of her head so she could focus on the present. Introducing herself to the Italian.

"I'm Maya...and you are?" She asked, receiving the outstretched hand of the brunette. "Carina" the other girl replied, as she they both shook hands.

"Are you by any chance good at biology?" The blonde asked, looking at Carina as she tied her hair into a messy bun.

"Sì, well I like to think I am" she responded, grabbing her text book from in front of her, and writing the date. "I'm terrible at it, I don't even know why I need to know it" the blonde sighed, as she too also grabbed her scrunched up book from her backpack.

"It can be very useful" the brunette shrugged.

"I guess, but not really for me" she responded, understanding people had different views on how they see things; different hobbies.

"So why did you move here?" The blonde asked, feeling intrigued by the brunette, and wanting to know more.

"Well I lived in Venice for most of my life, but my Mama has been here for 5 years so I would come and visit rarely. I came back for good with my Twin brother Andrea so that we could be with her" she explained.

Carina could see the other srudents across for her filling in the sheets they had been given, and already being on the 6th question. However, neither the blonde or the brunette had even started yet. Discretion. The blonde was distracting her. That's not good.

She tried to push that thought aside however as she grabbed her pencil and started to complete the sheet. Most of the questions were quite easy, it's either that or Carina was just a complete nerd for science.

After she finished the 3rd question she noticed the blonde out of the corner of her eye; not writing anything, sitting there with a blank look on her face.

"Do you need some help?" The brunette asked, wanting to offer some assistance to her classmate

"uhhh yes please" she replied, as Maya bit her bottom lip, the tiniest action causing swarms of butterflies to fill the brunettes stomach.

"Ok so... this" she started, as she pointed to the diagram of the plant and animal cells.

"is an animal cell, and this one is a plant cell Sì?" She asked, making sure the blonde understood what she was talking about so far.

She received a small head nod from the blonde, which allowed her to continue her explanation.

"So the question is asking if the plant and animal cell both have chloroplast, you see the green circle shapes?" She asked, as she ran her finger across the diagram.

"Mhm" Maya nodded

"So does the animal cell have any of those?" She asked, waiting for the blonde to respond. She couldn't help but wonder why Maya was in the top set, yet struggled at something she should find easy.

"No there isn't" the blonde responded

"Sì molto Bene" (yes well done) she exclaimed, smiling when the blonde understood what she was telling her.

"ahhh ok this is easy" Maya then began to fill out the rest of the sheet, which allowed Carina to also complete the sheet.

After lesson had finished both girls made their way to the cafeteria.

Maya always meets her friends In there, Carina followed behind the blonde, in hopes Andrew was already waiting for her.

"Do you know anyone here yet? Or just me?" The blonde asked.

"My twin brother goes here" she replied, as they turned the corner and made their way into the cafeteria.

"Ahhhh I see" Maya hadn't realised who was talking to her until she saw her.

"Hey baby" Both teens turned around at hearing someone's voice. The small girl clinging to the blonde like a magnet.

"Hey, um this is Carina" Maya introduced the two, hoping her girlfriend wouldn't suspect anything of herself and the Italian.

"Nice to meet you. My brother is over there I'll see you later Maya, thank you for showing me where to go" she finished, before making her way over to Andrew.

"You're welcome" she responded, watching as she walked off to her brother.

"Hey, how was biology?" He asked, taking a seat at one of the tables, tray in hand.

"it was good actually, I made a friend" she could call Maya a friend. She hoped she could.

"Nice, I did as well actually" he replied, as he pointed to the big group of guys in the far corner, as they screamed and shouted at the football match on their screens.

"You see the ginger one, he's called Owen, he helped me find my way here" he explained, whilst he took a bite of his sandwich.

"Ahh Sì I see him" she responded, as she opened her bag, and received the lunch she had prepared the night before.

"This food taste like shit" He was now wanting his sisters food instead of his own. Cafeteria food could never compare to Carina's homemade sandwiches.

Andrew softly chucked his sandwich back onto the tray.

"What did I tell you? I told you to pack your own food, because this crap tastes horrible" she said, whilst sliding across the tub full of salad for her brother, and sliding across a smoothie to go with it. She packed an extra drink, knowing that Andrew wouldn't like the food they offered at the school.

"Grazie"

"What have you got next?" Carina asked, as she finished her lunch and started to pack away the empty containers.

She didn't know her lessons off by heart yet, he'll she hadn't even looked over the whole thing just yet, so she reached into the pocket of her jacket and unfolded the piece of paper.

"Umm English literature" Andrew replied "you?" He asked, mean while opening the smoothie his sister previously gave him, and taking a sip.

"Same as you English literature" she replied, a smile on her face as she realised her and Andrew would be in their next lesson together.

"ahh yes, we can sit next to each other!" he beamed excitedly, glad he could be with his sister for a bit, before they went their separate ways and into different classes again.

Authors note:

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Ive decided to make the bond between the siblings strong, I like how close they are.