#29 Dance With Me

Start from the beginning

   "Oh, no..." Katherine says and then laughs, causing their other friends to look at them.

   "Did you already make a mess, Emily?" Harry asks.

   "It's not really a mess," Emily pouts and eats her salad again.

   "Typical Emily.." Anthony comments, making Emily raise her hand which is holding a cherry tomato.

   "Ah, ah, ah... You don't want to start a food fight, do you?" he lifts up his arms and then wags his finger.

   Emily huffs, glares at Anthony and shoves the cherry tomato into her mouth.

   "Don't be angry, Emily. We're just messing with you," Katherine pats Emily's shoulder, calming her down.

   "Yeah, I know," Emily nods her head and feels glad that Katherine is here to soothe her.

*******

   Emily, Katherine and Felicia walk together through the corridor to go to the hall as there is an entertainment programme for Mr. Wright's farewell party. And yet there are a few students who take the opportunity and free time to sneak out and hang out with their friends.

   The three girls shake their heads when they notice a couple holding hands and giggling as they run to the back of the building.

   "Do you know her?" Katherine asks Felicia, who responds at the girl's significant smile with a wave of her hand.

   "Yeah, she's my neighbour," Felicia turns around, replacing the fake smile she just threw at the girl with a frown.

   "Is she nice?" Katherine asks again.

   "Yup, her whole family is really nice. They used to --"

   Emily zones out from her two friends' conversation because she thinks she just heard James' voice. But....where is he?

   "Eww.. What is she doing with him?" Katherine suddenly says with remorse, making Emily turn at her.

   She furrows her eyebrows when she sees James and Pauline, who just emerge from the corner, laugh with each other. When both of them spot the three friends, they stop laughing, but keep on smiling.

   "Hey, where are you heading to?" Katherine greets with a question. She tries to be nice, but seeing Pauline, who keeps intentionally getting closer to James, annoys her so much that she cannot help but roll her eyes.

   Emily used to tell her that Pauline is the one who sent the picture of her and Raymond to Luciana and spread a rumour of them being together. Thus, she hates her for doing that.

   "To the teacher's lounge. Mrs. Peterson called us to go there," James replies with a warm smile. He looks at Emily, but she quickly averts her gaze, making him wondering why.

   "Ohh..." Katherine and Felicia say in unison whilst Emily pretends like she is too busy flipping over her notebook.

   "Beep.. Beep.. Why are you standing in the middle of the road?" someone speaks from behind the girls, causing them to turn around.

   Emily spots her twin brother first among the boys standing behind her, so she gets to relax a little.

   "Hey, James! Where are you going? The hall is this way," one of their friends exclaims whilst pointing at the direction of the hall, which is straight in front of them.