Padawans of the Fallen (Part 2)

Ahsoka was having mixed feelings about the Rebels rescuing her. Part of her was grateful, as their arrival threw off the Imperials on the planet and prevented an inquisitor from slicing another part of her limb. The other part of her was a little mad because she specifically ordered to not rescue her. But then again, she and Anakin did it all the time during the days of the Republic. At least now, Ahsoka knew how Obi-Wan felt when they disobeyed orders.

Now, she was blindly leading Kanan, Ezra, Darius, Rex, and Wolffe through a hallway, hoping for a way out of the fortress.

"So is there anything else I should know about?" Ahsoka asked as she led her friends to another hallway.

"Well," Ezra spoke up. "The entire facility went on lockdown when an Inquisitor spotted us in one of the landing platforms."

"We also evacuated Atollon," Rex added. "And relocated just like you ordered, sir. We got your warning through Senator Bonteri."

Ahsoka paused when Rex said Lux's name. She turned away from them, making sure they won't see her eyes watering.

Fighting in the Clone Wars, Ahsoka thought she'd seen it all. So far, she had witnessed clones and friends dying in battle, she had been captured and used as bait by the enemy, been captured and was attempted to be sold into slavery, and betrayed by someone she considered a friend.

Then Order 66 happened. The clones they fought side-by-side with for years turned against them. And there was Anakin's fall to the dark side and her discovering that Anakin, her former master, the man she considered her brother, was the ruthless sith lord in the black suit.

But nothing will top with what the Empire did to Lux. They had just reconnected again after so many years, and now the little time she spent with him were now memories. And nothing is more painful than watching the person you love be murdered right in front of you.

Ahsoka was so deep in her thoughts that she hadn't notice Darius calling her until he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Ahsoka?" Darius called. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She lied.

The hallway led to a door. And when it opened, several Imperial officers and stormtroopers were inside what looked like a command center.

"It's the Jedi!" One screamed.

They started firing at them. All four of them ignited their lightsabers and deflected the blaster bolts, while Rex and Wolffe hid behind a pillar and returned blaster fire.

Most of the people inside were knocked out with their use of the Force while the others were shot by Rex and Wolffe.

"This is probably one of the command control rooms," Kanan guessed.

"Ooh, let's get something out of this then," Ahsoka smiled, turning to Darius. "Darius, find us the nearest landing platform. Specifically, one where we can steal a ship and get out of this rock."

"On it," Darius said before running to the nearest holo-projector table. "This place is huge," He stated, then his hands flew as he scanned the entire facility.

Ahsoka ran to the main computers. She deactivated the fortress' lockdown sequence, immediately opening the metal cladding covering the transparisteel viewports.

The faint glow of lava bathed the room. Turns out the room they were in was located near a waterfall of lava.

"Uh, what are you doing?" Kanan asked.

"I'm giving the Imperials a little parting gift." She deactivated the shields that protected the facility from the lava and override the power generator—well, at least, in that part of the fortress. "Also, I'm destroying as much as I can enough to leave a mark for the Empire to notice."