Right Under Their Noses

They all rushed to the Command Center in time to see Rex, with Wolffe, Gregor, and the commanders standing before the holo-projector table and conversing with Saw Gerrera.

"—someone insisted." Saw said. "And he might have some urgent news about the General."

Another person, a young man in Senatorial apparel stepped into the holo-transmission's scope of vision. Everyone in the Command Center gasped in surprise.

"Senator Bonteri?" Rex shook out from his daze.

"Captain, we don't have much time," Lux spoke up. "I know what Ahsoka did. I—" He faltered.

Kanan could tell Lux was upset when he found out about it. And judging from the hoarseness of his voice, nope, it's not because of the static in the frequency or the jammed signals, Lux had been worried sick and probably hadn't slept well. At that, he actually understood how Lux really feels about Ahsoka. He cares for her so much that if given a chance to trade places with her right now, he'd do it without hesitation. He just wants her safe and away from danger. It's the exact same way he feels about Hera.

"Do you know where she's being held, sir?" Rex asked.

"She's here on Onderon, for now," Lux confirmed. "But from what I've heard, they're going to move her someplace else."

"Where?"

Lux sighed in frustration. "I don't know."

They were going to move her someplace else, but where? Then it dawned on him. Ahsoka was also a Jedi who survived the purge, like Kanan himself. She is also currently in the rebellion, like him. And among the people in the base, he could put his shoes on Ahsoka's situation. He might have an idea where they're taking her, but then again, it's basically a guess.

"Oh, no," Kanan exclaimed. "Not again."

Darius turned to him. "What do you mean, again?"

"When I was captured by the Empire," Kanan started to explain. "The Inquisitor mentioned one thing when they interrogated me on Lothal. If they're unsuccessful interrogating a Jedi, they'll take them to a place where he said it never failed to unravel secrets from them. Like what they almost did to me."

Ezra's eyes widened. "Mustafar." He blurted out. "They're taking her to Mustafar?"

"And I'm going to guess," Lux said. "She specifically ordered you not to rescue her."

Rex sighed. "She made that pretty clear."

"Well, I'm not having that," Lux stated. "You need her, we all need her."

"I agree," Kanan spoke up. "Ahsoka isn't just our general. Through her efforts, this rebellion was made possible. She represents Hope. Not just for us, but for all those who are helpless against the Empire."

"Kanan's right," Ezra agreed. "We have to get her out. They're going to torture her to get information about our whereabouts, whatever it takes."

"But we don't have enough intel," Rex pointed out. "And Onderon is hot on the Empire's eyes right now."

"Oh, don't worry, Captain," Saw Gerrera assured. "My men and I will take care of that." He promised. "We'll send you a holo map of the facility and identify the weak points of their defenses."

"I wish it were that easy, Saw," Lux countered. "Her prison cell is very heavily guarded and is under the supervision of Grand Moff Tarkin himself. And two inquisitors."