Unacknowledged Love

Everyone went to work. Pilots and aircraft mechanics rushed to the Hangars to prep the A-Wings, doing repairs and refueling it. Supply crates were being clamped magnetically underneath the Ghost for the drop. Ahsoka went to her A-Wing and started helping the maintenance workers prep the craft.

The typical A-Wing Fighter has been painted a blue stripe running along the center of the craft, from the Forward Sensor Array to the Sublight engines. Ahsoka's A-Wing was no different than the others except that it's painted in reverse. Everything else was painted, in a much darker shade, except for a stripe running along the center of the fighter.

Ahsoka was checking the access panels when she felt someone poking her cybernetic arm. She turned and found the young princess smiling at her. She straightened. "Leia?"

"I just came here to wish you luck," Leia said. "Before you destroy that blockade to bits."

Ahsoka chuckled. "There's no such thing as luck." She said, trying to sound confident.

"General, loosen up," Leia assured. "I know you're nervous and even doubting your own plan. But I do know that you are going to destroy that blockade." She pouted. "It must be great to actually see it in person." Then her eyes brightened. "Maybe I could go to Onderon and—"

"No!" Ahsoka grimaced. "You're going home, to Alderaan."

"Come on!' Leia complained. "I've never seen a real battle, in space!"

"Don't worry, Your Highness," Ahsoka said. "You will see and hear all about it in the HoloNet."

Leia sighed. "Fine. But I'm really going to miss you." She said, then gave Ahsoka a hug.

"Me too, Leia," Ahsoka said, returning the same hug.

"And hey, when all of this is over," Leia said, once they let go of the hug. "Maybe you should, you know..." She motioned her head towards Lux, who was standing by their medical transport talking to Rex and Saw.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes. "Seriously, Leia?" She frowned at the princess. "Not you too."

"Ahsoka," Leia gripped her prosthetic arm. "All I'm saying is that everyone deserves to be happy, including you."

"What are you talking about?" Ahsoka asked.

Leia sighed in frustration. "How long will you both keep on denying it? I've seen the way you look at him and I saw the way he looks at you. And I'm pretty sure the entire crew of this base already knew that you once harbored feelings for each other."

Ahsoka's lekkus darkened. Looking at Leia, she sort of had taken her aback. Her demeanor maybe that reckless, but her mind was just so mature for her age. Surprisingly, she's hearing the same words of comfort she used to hear from Padme. Leia's biological mother. Well, I guess she's starting to sound like her mother, Ahsoka thought.

Ahsoka made a face. "A fifteen-year-old girl giving words of encouragement to someone twice her age. This is really weird."

"Get used to it," Leia said. "Anyways, I'm serious. You should talk this through before we leave."

Before she can protest and say anything. Lux suddenly appeared behind Leia and cleared his throat.

They both turned to him.

"Um, Leia," Lux said. "Would give me—"

"A moment with the General?" Leia interrupted. "Yes, and in fact, take all the time you need, Senator." She said, pushing Lux towards Ahsoka and gave her a This is your chance, don't ruin it glare, before walking towards the transport.