Bad News

After supper, they gathered around an eight-seater long table in the conference hall for a meeting. Lux sat on one end, to his right, sat Commanders Jun Sato of the Phoenix, Kerrick Bezor of the Hawkeye, and Fyra Zanedi of the Sparrow. To his left, sat Saw Gerrera, Princess Leia, then Captain Rex. On the other end of the table, sat Ahsoka.

Ahsoka drummed her fingers on the table, which made a faint metal to metal clinging sound. Even after she covered her entire prosthetic arm with a gauntlet and a vambrace, it still made a metal-y sound. He figured she must be agitated. And even with her serious expression, her blue eyes sparkled. Lux couldn't help but stare at her. How could she just sit there and look so beautiful?, he thought.

"Lux?" Ahsoka called, which snapped him back to reality.

"I'm sorry, what?" Lux said.

Ahsoka sighed in annoyance. "Look, I know that you didn't just come here to deliver the medical supplies. I figured that was the princess's mission. And it's not an obvious reason that you brought Saw with you. You need our help with something."

Saw turned to Lux. "She's pretty good at this." He said.

"Alright, fine," Lux admitted. "We do need help."

"Then why didn't you just ask a plea in the Imperial Senate or something?" Ahsoka asked. "Surely, they'll help you."

"I already did," Lux said. "They said that that blockade was placed there to fend off the Rebels."

"What?" Ahsoka nearly fell out of her chair. "There's an Imperial blockade over Onderon?" She asked in disbelief.

Lux nodded. "And it has been there for nearly two weeks."

Ahsoka turned to Saw. "What has the Thorntail been doing enough for the Empire to place a blockade there?" She asked.

"Stormtrooper units were tripled." Saw explained. "They're abusing the citizens. And that's not the worst part."

Everyone waited.

"The blockade isn't just keeping us at bay," Saw continued. "It's also disallowing trade from other planets."

"The entire planet is running out of supplies," Lux said. "Even the King is furious."

"And the Senate isn't allowing planetary supply delegations," Leia added.

"Yes, Alderaan volunteered to send aid," Lux recalled. "But the blockade runners never gave them permission to land."

Ahsoka sighed in frustration. "This is what's wrong with this Empire," She pointed out. "They're more worried about their enemies than the people they need to provide for. Some government." She turned to Lux. "No offense."

"None taken." Lux said. Actually, she had a point right there. He thought.

"So, I reckon you want us to destroy that blockade?" Ahsoka guessed.

"If it is possible, yes." Lux agreed.

"Oh, it is possible, Senator," Rex said. "But it's not gonna be easy."

Saw leaned forward. "You destroyed the blockade on Ibaar." He pointed out.

"That's different, Commander Gerrera." Jun Sato spoke up. "We had help."

Ahsoka nodded. "And that's not the only problem. " She said. "Onderon is in the Inner Rim. Too close for Imperial reinforcements to come to aid."

Kerrick Bezor turned to Jun Sato. "How did you destroy the blockade on Ibaar?" He asked.