Return to Atollon

Rex paced in Chopper Base's Command Center, while his comrades, Wolffe and Gregor played holochess in a nearby hologame table. Ever since Ahsoka had disappeared a few rotations ago, Rex had asked Wolffe and Gregor to join the rebellion, to which they willingly agreed. Since Ahsoka's disappearance, people go to him for consent or approval. Even the Commanders of the cells. Another thing, the Phoenix isn't the only cell occupying Chopper Base, they were sharing it with two other cells, the Hawkeye and Sparrow with their squadron of fighters. And they all turned to him for a final decision, which they used to entrust to Ahsoka, their General.

One of the reasons he asked Wolffe and Gregor to join him, is that he couldn't take command of this rebel movement alone. Even if it's only temporary. And they needed more allies. Sure, he was Captain of the 501st Legion during the Clone Wars, but this is different. Very different. These people weren't his brothers and they aren't clones, who were bred for war. They're different people of different species, who all had one thing in common: they lost something or someone to the Empire. And are determined to help the people who suffered under its rule as they don't want them to suffer the way they did.

But of course, he couldn't replace Ahsoka. Through her efforts, the rebellion was made possible. Recruiting people to join in and fight against the Empire, and at the same time inspiring them by being a good example herself. She wasn't just their leader, she also represented hope. As what Jedi do. In Rex's opinion, she was like her master in some ways. And hopefully, she'll come back soon.

Also, over the span of a few rotations, the three Rebel cells had dedicated their time constructing the Base and adapting it to the surrounding environment. Sensors markers were fenced around the perimeter, keeping the Kryknas from breaking into the base. Sentry outposts armed with turrets had been built on the corners, for protection from unwanted guests. Duracrete walls, permacrete flooring slabs, and turbolifts had been set up in place.

He was so deep in thought, that he almost didn't notice Phoenix Seven calling his attention.

"Captain Rex," Phoenix Seven called from the computers. "Our sensors are picking an incoming freighter at sector two-one-four." He reported.

"What?" Rex asked in bewilderment. "I thought there was no one else here." He sighed. "Patch me on an open channel." He turned to another crew member. "Sparrow Five, sound the alarm."

"Yes, sir." Sparrow Five said and then went to work.

"Wolffe, Gregor," Rex called. "Warn the Commanders. We're going to have company." He ordered. I have a bad feeling about this, Rex thought, while scratching his beard.

Wolffe and Gregor went out of the Command Center and went looking for the Cell Commanders.

Phoenix Seven fiddled with the computers. "Uh, sir? This pilot's only cloaking a one-way transmission." He informed.

"I don't care, just patch me through," Rex said.

Suddenly, the doors slid open and Wolffe and Gregor came back with the three Commanders: Jun Sato of the Phoenix; Kerrick Bezor of the Hawkeye; and Fyra Zanedi of the Sparrow, along with a few others. Even the blind Kanan, who still had a bacta bandage around his eyes, followed them into the Command Center guided by Ezra.

"Captain, is it true?" Commander Sato asked.

Before Rex can answer, Phoenix Seven called. "Captain, we got through."

Rex stepped near the comm. "Attention unidentified vessel," He called out. "You are entering a restricted area. Identify yourself and state your business."

"Greetings, Captain," A husky but familiar female voice answered back. "I don't think that will be necessary. This is Fulcrum, asking authorization to land."