Arising Suspicions

The following morning, Ahsoka got ready and headed to the Command Center and noticed people were stealing glances. She suspected that the supply closet thingy got out and spread like wildfire. She tried not to think about it, as she walked past them.

"So, in a supply closet, huh?" A voice spoke up from behind her.

She turned and found Kanan with a mischievous grin on his face. Ahsoka sighed in frustration. "What are you talking about?" She asked.

"Don't deny it," Kanan said. "Ezra woke me up to ask if it's true. So, is it?"

"Kanan," Ahsoka in a small voice. "Please don't remind me."

"What were you doing in there, anyway?" Kanan asked.

Ahsoka glared at him. "Seriously?"

Kanan raised his hands in surrender. "Okay, sorry." He cleared his throat. "Moving on...they need you in the Command Center."

"I was just heading there when you stopped me with all your questions." Ahsoka gritted her teeth.

"Sorry," Kanan said again, as he was heading the other way. "But something really might've happened if that guy hadn't walked in on both of you."

"Kanan," Ahsoka said in a warning tone.

He waved her off, and she shook her head in annoyance. Kanan kind of reminded her of Darius. Besides being a good friend, he teases her. A lot. Except, Darius didn't know about Lux.

Ahsoka took a deep breath and entered the Command Center. People everywhere were busy. She noticed Rex, Wolffe, and Lux by the holo-projector table. Lux? She stopped at her pace and sighed in frustration. Ugh, why did he have to be always where I'm needed most? She thought. Again, she took a deep breath and walked towards them.

"Good morning, General." Rex greeted as she got close.

"Ahsoka!" Lux called. Then he noticed Rex and Wolffe frowning at him. "Uh—I mean, General Tano." He said, smiling. "I'm—"

"Yes," Rex interrupted, shoving Lux behind him. "'You're glad to see her.' We know that, Senator."

Ahsoka couldn't help but look down in embarrassment. She suspected Rex had heard about what had happened last night. That's why he's being protective again. Just like Anakin back in the day.

Rex gestured her to stand on his right near the table, while Lux was on his left, obviously to keep him as far away from her as possible.

"Alright, please tell me there's good news, Rex." She said.

Rex smiled. "Actually, there are several, sir. A shipload of relief supplies has arrived from Alderaan, as what the princess had promised." He reported. "And of course, we had to remove the Alderaanian insignia from the crates and had Sabine Wren do a paint job of it."

Ahsoka nodded. "Anything else?" She asked.

"Oh," Lux spoke up. "The B-Wing Fighters for the three Squadrons have also been delivered." He said.

"Hmm, yes," Rex grumbled. "And so is the replacement for the Sparrow Squadron's Command Ship."

Ahsoka frowned. "What happened to Sparrow's Command Ship?" She asked.

"It was damaged," Wolffe recalled. "From a supply run in the Western Reaches. A couple of TIE Bombers infiltrated its shield generators and damaged its engines."

"And also," Rex held out a holochip. "Commander Gerrera got information from our spies and brought us a holographic image of the blockade we can use for our attack."