Chapter 23

"How about you get ready and I'll take you somewhere," he says as he pulls back.

I look down and remember that I am still wearing a tank top and spanx.

"Yeah real clothes might be a good idea," I say as I get off the counter and head towards my room.

I pull on jeans and a t-shirt, then slip on some flats before grabbing my braces and heading out into the living room. I put the braces on as I walk towards the front door. I grab my room key and Evan follows me out the door.

Evan opens the car door for me, then shuts it once I climb in. He goes around and climbs into the drivers sit.

"May I ask where we are going?" I ask.

"No you may not Mica Marie," he says with a smile as he starts to drive.

"Mica Marie?" I ask.

"Well you don't have a middle name so I gave you one," he says.

"Why Marie?" I ask.

"It fits you," he says, but I can tell he is hiding something.

"Well since you know my full name, what's yours?" I ask.

"Evan David Monroe," he says.

"How did I not know your last name? I dorm with your sisters and I didn't know you last name!" I say.

"Because none of us give out our last name very willingly, everyone starts making Marilyn Monroe jokes," he says.

"I can see how that could get annoying," I say.

We continue to talk as we drive, and we arrive at our location; a little town with tons of cute little shops.

We window shop, and stop to eat at a cute little cafe. After we continue to go into all the little shops. We walk down a narrow alleyway to get to the next street of stores, and the same coldness takes over me, but this time it happens so much faster. I fall to my knees, and a net of ice wraps around me and pins me to the ground. I fight and try to melt the ice, but without being able to concentrate very well my powers are weak.

"Why are you doing this to her?" I hear Evan ask someone, but I can't see who.

I shiver, and try my best to concentrate enough to warm myself a little.

"She brought this upon herself," I hear someone say.

The net of ice thickens and I can't hear anything. I try to fight the ice, but there is no point. Next thing I know I am blacking out.