Chapter 9

I don't feel like being social anymore so I hurry and finish my food then head back to my dorm.

I see Evan down the hallway from my dorm, and I stop to watch him for a second. A girl with waist length strawberry blonde hair comes up to him and starts talking to him. He starts answering her, and then she interrupts him with a kiss. I can't stand it anymore so I go into my dorm.

Libby and Joey are sitting on the couch, and I must be easy to read because two seconds later Joey asks if I'm ok.

"I'm fine," I mutter trying to hold myself together.

"No you're not," Joey says standing up.

I look into her eyes for the first time. She has the same deep green eyes as Evan, and at that point I lose it.

As tears drip down my face she examines me.

"It's Evan isn't it? What did he do?" she asks.

"You were right, I fell for him, but it got me hurt. That's what I get for letting my emotions get the best of me," I say.

"What happened? Whatever he did was probably just him being an idiotic boy," she says.

"Well people keep telling us that we would make a cute couple, and so he told me that maybe they were right then walked away. Then I come up here and see him kissing some girl down the hall," I say, as I wipe the tears off my face.

"He was kissing a girl that's not you? This is not acceptable!" Libby yells as she stomps towards the door.

"Libby you'll only make it worse," Joey says as she blocks Libby from walking into the hallway.

"What did the girl look like?" Joey asks.

"She had long strawberry blonde hair, but I didn't see her face," I say.

"Huh, she doesn't sound familiar," Libby says.

"I don't know anyone with long strawberry blonde hair," Joey says.

"Well I'm tired and done with today so I'm going to bed," I say as I go in my room.

I change into sweatpants and lie on my bed and curl up and try to sleep, but all I can think about is that girl. My night was sucky enough before she came along. I cry myself to sleep, and when my alarm goes off what seems like minutes later I want to just curl up and keep crying, but I have school that I can't skip on the second day.

I get up and change into black leggings and a giant cream sweater. I pull my shoulder length auburn hair into a small bun on top of my head. I grab my school bag and keys and head down to the cafeteria to grab a muffin then head to math class.

Dylan is already there and I sit next to him. He glances up at me, and can probably tell something is wrong.

"Who hurt you? What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing, please just, I can't talk about it without crying," I say.

"You'll tell me later?" He asks, but it sounds more like a command.

"Yeah sure," I say as class starts.

I focus on the math that way I can't think about other things, like Evan.

For the first time ever I wish math would keep going on, I dread the moment I have to go to pyrotechnics with Evan.