Chapter 6

I walk out of the store with my bags in my hand, and get a weird gut feeling, but I ignore it and keep walking. I feel a weird breeze and shiver, so I start to walk faster. Next thing I know a strong wind knocks my bags across a field and I am stuck in a whirlwind. I look around and see one of my old Devas, my math teacher Deva Kelley, a wind elemental.

"You know I'm stronger than you Deva!" I yell.

"Not when you are stuck in a whirlwind, and did you really think you could betray the elementals and get away with it?" He asks,"you are a traitor to all of us!"

I ignore him and focus on my powers, fire would be illogical because the wind would just blow it out, so I try blinding him with light. It partially works, he loses concentration so the whirlwind stops.

I braid together a light ray, a bolt of electricity, and a strand of fire then throw it at him. The deadly braid wraps around him and knocks him unconscious, so I turn to run before he can wake up.

When I turn Evan is standing there in horror. He grabbed my bags but is almost frozen in place.

"Evan I can explain," I start, but he doesn't move. I walk up to him and snap in his face.

"Evan snap out of it I can explain," I say. He just keeps looking at me like I'm insane. Not knowing how else to snap him out of it I slap him.

"Ok, that was unnecessary," he says.

"I'm sorry! Would you like an explanation?" I ask.

"Well yeah," he says.

"First you owe me an explanation, the only way you would've been here at this exact moment that I got attacked by my old teacher would be if you were following me," I say as he hands me my bags and we walk back to APAT.

He kind of blushes and looks down.

"Am I not allowed to be worried about you?" He asks,"now I want to know everything about your past," he says as we get to my dorm room.

"Let me drop off my stuff and then I'll tell you and Dylan, I don't think your sisters need to know about this yet," I say as I unlock the door. I drop my bags on my bed then come out to find Evan trying to light a candle.

I roll my eyes then snap my fingers and it lights.

"How did you?" He asks.

"Explanations come upstairs," I say a I walk out and he follows me. We go up a flight of stairs and into his dorm.

Dylan gives us a look when we walk in.

"What?" I ask

"Nothing," he says as get sits down on the couch.

"Now will you explain?" Evan asks.

"Is Toby here?" I ask.

"Umm he's in his room," Dylan says.

I march over to Toby's room and walk in uninvited. He is lying on his bed on his phone with just basketball shorts on.

"If I kiss you will you leave?" I ask.

"Yes!" He says jumping up. I roll my eyes and kiss him on the cheek.

"Now leave!" I yell.

"Yes your gorgeousness," he says as he pulls on a shirt and grabs his phone and keys and leaves the dorm.

I sit on the coffee table with my feet crossed so I face Dylan and Evan who are sitting on the couch.

"You want to know everything?" I ask.

"Yes, everything," Evan says.

"Ok, we'll when I was 3 my parents discovered I was elemental, multi-elemental at that, so they abandoned me at this facility for elementals. It's a lot like a prep school, but has some slightly different classes as you can imagine. I lived there for almost 13 years, until they sent me to steal a crystal. Which is when ginger over here caught me in a net," I say.

"That doesn't explain the tattoo, or why Dylan caught you in a net, or which elements you have," Evan says.

"The tattoo you get before you can leave, and it actually represents my 3 elements, fire, light, and electricity," I say as I light one finger on fire, make one shine with light rays, and make the third have electrical bolts sparking out of it.

"Ok and why did Dylan trap you in a net?" Evan asks.

"To stop her from making the same mistake I did," Dylan says," my parents were killed because I was sent on almost the same mission as her and I succeeded."

"Wait.. Your elemental too? That's how you knew about her past without having to know anything about her?" Evan asks.

"Yup," Dylan says as he swirls a ball of water around his hand.

"No fair!" Evan says.

"Did you not just listen? Is it fair that my parents died because of me? Or fair that Mica was abandoned because of her powers?" Dylan asks.

"No," Evan says.

"Exactly, nothing about life is fair," Dylan says.

"Not that you guys are boring or anything but I haven't slept in a bed for 2 days thanks to somebody, so I'm off to bed," I say as I stand up.

"Goodnight, I'll come drop by your dorm at 8 so we can head to class together," Dylan says.

"Okay, see you then," I say as I walk out the door and head back downstairs to my room.

Joey and Libby are sitting on the couch watching tv when I walk in.

Libby glances up at me," you totally like our brother don't you?"

"I met him this morning," I remind her.

"Whatever, you'll fall for him eventually, I'm sure of it," Libby says.

"If you say so," I say as I walk into my room. I don't even bother changing into pajamas before I plop down on my bed and fall asleep.