Chapter 20

I wake up and rush as fast as possible to get ready, but its a freakin pain, literally. I carefully shower, and put on leggings with a skater dress, a cardigan, and then I put both my braces on before pulling my shoes on and heading down to grab breakfast before math.

I get to math just as the bell rings, and Mr. Morrison asks me why I wasn't there before the bell rung.

"Well, considering the fact I fractured my knee, ankle, and got a total of 20 stitches yesterday, I would say I should be considered on time," I say.

"Sounds like a personal problem to me, tardy!" He says.

I sit down, and Dylan turns to look at me.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry,"he whispers.

"Are you really? Traitor," I mutter.

"I didn't mean for you to get hurt, they just threatened someone I care about and so I agreed to help them," he says.

"Oh so it didn't matter if that meant me taking the fall for both of us? Quite literally actually," I say.

"I'm sorry, just give..." he starts, but I lightly zap him and then Mr. Morrison starts teaching.

When class is over, I go to walk towards Pyrotechnics, but Dylan stops me. He lightly pushes me against the wall, but I am so bruised and scratched that I grimace in pain.

"I'm sorry Mica, I really am, but I want to be with Sarah," he whispers and he kisses my forehead before walking away.

I want to scream, but I hold it in and head to Pyrotechnics.

Evan must be able to tell I'm ticked, because when I walk in he starts to freak out.

"What happened? Who did it?" he asks.

"It's Dylan, he came up to me and said he wanted to be with Sarah then kissed my forehead and walked off," I say, so quite and in such a daze I'm surprised Evan understood.

"You don't need him," Evan says and he puts his hand on mine," you were perfectly fine before he ever kissed you."

I find myself blushing and stuttering to reply," thanks."

He makes me get so jumpy and nervous, and I know I shouldn't feel like this, I mean he did break my heart after all, but I can feel myself falling for him, hard.

He looks at me, and at that moment I realize that he knew this whole time that I've been falling for him again. He's been pushing me on purpose to see how I would react!

We start class, and I try my best to pay attention, though its hard with Evan next to me. Class ends, and I dread the fact that I have to two more classes with Dylan.