Chapter 1

"Michael please report to the High Deva's office immediately," the intercom says. I hate when they call me Michael, why did my parents have to give their daughter a boy name?

"Yes ma'am," I say as I get up and head out of my dorm room. The other elemental initiates give me a look, they know what happens when you go to the High Deva's office, you get to leave the training facility. I make my way down the long corridor to the High Deva's office. I pass an ice initiate and shiver, all the ice initiates seem to have a cloud of coldness around them, but that might just be because I am a fire initiate.

I walk past dozens of training rooms, class rooms, and dorms as I walk down the long corridor. Finally, I reach the end of the corridor, which ends at the High Deva's office. I walk into the security area, where they make me wear a bracelet that stops me from using my fire, electric, or light powers for once I am inside the office.

Once I am past security I end up at a receptionists desk. Slowly I make my way to the desk. A girl that couldn't have been more 20 looks up at me.

"Michael?" She asks.

"Yes ma'am," I say.

"The High Deva will see you now, the last door straight down that hallway," she says as she points to a hallway on my right.

"Ok, thanks," I say as I walk towards the hallway. Even though I have spent 13 of my 16 years at this elements facility I have never been anywhere near the High Deva, which is like a principal for you mortals. Slowly I make my way down the hallway to the last door. The door is shut, so I knock.

"Come in," I hear the voice of a woman say from inside. I open the door and walk into the big office. A huge mahogany desk is on one side of the room with a tiny frail looking woman sitting behind it.

"Are you the..." I start.

"The High Deva, yes I am. Shocked to see a woman being the High Deva?" She asks.

"A little bit," I admit.

"Please take a seat," she says as she points to a chair in front of her desk. Walking over to the chair I glance around the room, and see many pictures of past initiates. I sit down and look up at the High Deva.

"I have an assignment for you," she says.

"For me? I'm hardly qualified for anything of such importance, don't you think?" I say.

"Why yes, you are the only initiate that can control fire, light, and electricity. You will need all 3 for this assignment," she says.

"Ok, what is this assignment exactly?" I ask.

"We had someone take something very important from us, especially for the fire elements," she says.

"What exactly?" I ask.

"The fire crystal, it is a used by fire elementals to intensify their powers," she says.

"Ok where is it at?" I ask.

"Well the person that has it goes to Alabama Preparatory Academy for the Talented," she says.

"You want me to break into APAT? That is like impossible!" I say.

"Not for someone like you, you have learned how to bend light to make yourself invisible have you not? And you can short out all the electricity," she says," you are the only person that can do this."

"Ok, when do I leave?," I ask.

"Tonight, and go to Deva Harrison and he will give you all the supplies you need," she says.