Chapter 21

I take my time going to English, and once there I make sure to occupy myself at all times, and every time Dylan looks at me I glare at him. History is the same thing, and after what seems like years later school ends..... For the day.

Another couple weeks go on like this, me and Dylan fighting. Me slowly falling harder and harder for Evan, but trying my best not to let myself fall for him. I heal pretty fast, but get some scars. The most noticeable one is the one that leaves a little white nick in my eyebrow. I have to keep wearing the braces and I have a bad limp.

It's a Friday night, and Evan and I are tutoring Libby. Since she is a grade younger than us it is pretty easy for us to tutor her, especially because she struggles in Science which is our strong suit.

We get a little off topic, and I find myself looking through Evans black rimmed glasses into his deep green eyes and falling for him even further. We are so close I can feel his minty breath, smell his cologne, and next thing I know I am kissing him. He pulls back and I look up at him, almost terrified of how he may react.

"Took you long enough," he says with a smile and he pulls me closer and kisses me.

I feel like I'm melting in his arms, and laugh a little bit into his lips when he picks me up a little bit and holds me tight.

Libby clears her throat and Evan sets me back down.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I still need my tutors," Libby says.

"I suppose," Evan groans.

We teach her for a while, and once we are done Evan takes my hand and walks me outside. We wander around the city in the cool autumn air, hands intertwined. We find a bench in the middle of a park and sit down.

"Can't believe Libby didn't kill you," Evan says laughing a little bit.

"Why? What did I do?" I ask.

"Kissed me," he says as he wraps an arm around me and pulls me closer.

When his lips meet mine I feel my guarded walls I put up go down. One of his arms wraps around my waist, his other hand behind my head.

Of course being me I wasn't aloud to have a night so perfect. The same coldness takes over me, and every breath gets more and more painful as my lungs burn.

"Mica? What's going on?" Evan asks confused.

I open my mouth to speak, but only a frosty breath comes out. The next thing I know a vine wraps around my waist and yanks me away from him. The vine wraps around me tighter and tighter, until I can barely get any air to my frozen lungs.

"Look who's once again the damsel in distress," I hear a familiar voice say, Taylor.

"Taylor leave her alone! She has been through enough!" Evan says.

"What? Like being dumped twice by two different guys because they wanted to be with another girl?" Taylor asks with a laugh.

I feel myself starting to black out, but then I remember that no one put a bracelet to block my powers on me. I set the vine that wraps around me on fire, and I am dropped to the ground. I hear a scream, and then the vine wraps around me again, but now I see that Evan is also wrapped in vines.

"You try that again and he will be burnt, you know he wouldn't be able to survive a flaming vine wrapping around him," Taylor says.

"Mica, just do it, I'll be fine," Evan says.

"No I can't do that to you," I say.

"Mica, just do it. I trust the light inside of you, your flames won't hurt me," he says.