Chapter 10

The bell rings and I go to my dorm to put my math stuff away and grab my lab goggles for pyrotechnics. I have a few minutes still so I head to the library and just look inside then go back down to the second floor for pyrotechnics.

I walk in seconds before the bell rings and sit down in my seat, next to Evan. He watches me, and when I kind of glare at him he looks confused.

"What did I do?" He asks.

"Don't even go there," I mutter.

"No, tell me what I did so wrong," he says.

"Making me believe you actually liked me and then kissing that girl, Evan, if a girl lets you get close enough to her that you could hurt her, don't make the mistake of hurting her," I say.

Mrs. Lumley luckily starts lecturing so I don't have to talk to Evan anymore. We have to work with our lab groups, and we are balancing chemicals so I lose myself in the science and forget all about Evan and mostly focus on Kyle and Austin.

The bell rings and I get up to get out but Evan stops me.

"Mica, I can explain," he starts.

"I don't want to hear it," I say as I push past him and head to English.

Dylan gives me a look when he walks into English.

"Evan said that," he starts, but I interrupt him with," I don't care what Evan said."

"But," he starts again, but I lightly zap him with electricity and he shuts right up.

The rest of the day takes forever to go by, and history was way more boring today.