Chapter 19

The nurse comes out, and takes us back to a room. Evan picks me up and sets me down on the hospital bed. The doctor comes and examines me, I have to get a few stitches on my hand, eyebrow, and leg. It takes hours, but Evan stays with me the whole time. They also give me a brace for my left knee, and another for my left ankle.

We go back to APAT, and school is over so we go to hang out at my dorm, since the last thing I want to do is see Dylan. I walk in and Joey is making something in the kitchen, and Libby is doing homework on the couch. They glance at me and gasp.

"What did you do?" Libby asks.

"I fell out if a second story window," I say, because I can't tell them the whole truth.

"How are you not dead?" Joey asks.

"I landed in some bushes which helped cushion my fall," I say.

"And how did you fall?" Libby asks.

"Uh, I don't really know," I say as I carefully sit down on the couch.

"Well I have to go to work so see y'all later," Joey says as she stands up and grabs her keys and walks out the door.

"And I have to take this soup to my foods class, I messed up in class and had to redo it," Libby says as she follows Joey out the door.

Evan sits on the couch next to me and half wraps his arm around me, but I tense up. I can't help it, but I don't fully trust him yet, especially when he does anything that could lead to dating.

"Mica, you can trust me," he says, almost sadly. I look into his eyes and he looks confused, and longing.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not ready for anything more than friendship right now," I say," I keep getting hurt and I need a while to heal, literal and mental."

"I get it, I hurt you, and my best friend hurt you. I'm sorry Mica, just know that when you're ready, I'll be waiting," he says standing up. "You should probably get some sleep."

"Probably," I say as he helps me up.

"See you later Mica," he says with a smile as he walks out. I go into my room and change into pajamas then sleep.