Chapter 11

After classes are over I'm a million percent done with people so I go outside and sit under a tree while doing my homework. All is well, until she comes, the girl that kissed Evan.

"How's your boyfriend Michael? Oh wait that's right he didn't really want to be your boyfriend, he was just playing with your emotions," she says as she grins.

"I don't want to hear your crap" I say. Next thing I known the tree roots wrap around me and I'm pinned to the tree. They slide me up so I'm eye level with the girl, then squeeze me so tight I can hardly breath.

"Get the real fire crystal or else I will kill you," she says.

"No you won't I say, you need me alive to get the crystal, or else you would've killed me by now," I say.

"Ok, but I could kill Evan, or even worse I could make him fall in love with me, which won't be hard, he's already halfway there. Lets make a deal, you get the real fire crystal and give it to the High Deva and I back off. Don't and I will make sure you see him kiss me when you are standing right next to him," she says.

"I'm not giving anyone the fire crystal, I don't even have it!" I say.

"Well I'll just leave you a reminder in case you change your mind," she says as she takes out a sticker and her phone.

She pulls the baggy sleeve of my sweater down and puts the sticker on the back of my left shoulder. She taps her phone twice, then takes off the sticker and starts to walk away before she releases the roots from around me. I fall to the ground and gasp for air. I feel lightheaded and sick, but I grab my stuff and walk inside anyway.