You Belong With Me

I walked up his driveway and onto his bright porch. I hesitated with my finger over the doorbell. I pushed it quickly and backed while looking down. I heard a loud "CREEK" And bolted my head up.

Chris stood in front of my with his fly, pants unbuttoned and no shirt. There was a girl standing behind him putting her arm on his chest in a protective way. I backed up with my mouth hanging open trying to get words out.

"Im sorry." I said as i ran away. I dropped the flowers and the gift card on the porch bench and curled into a ball. Clenching and unclenching my fists.

I felt a soft touch on my shoulder and shrugged them off. I looked up to see my mom crouched down at my side, with the flowers and card in her hand.

"Whats wrong sweetie?" She said. I looked up into her eyes and stood up. I swallowed the lump in my throat and trembled to talk.

"I-i tried to G-Give him a b-birthdday pres-sent and he was with another g-girl-l-l." I started sobbing and my mom let me cry on her shoulder. I took in a deep breath of her vanilla perfume and sighed trying to calm my self down. I peeked over her shoulder to see Chris now sitting on his chair. Staring into my eyes. The girl that once stood next to him was leaving. Getting into her fancy car and speeding away.

My moms hand brushed through my now tangled hair. I backed Away and looked at her.

When i looked at her, i said, "Thank you mom." She hugged me once more and then whispered in my ear,

"Don't let him get you. He will end up not worth it." She said. It looked like it was painful to say when i saw her face. She looked sad. Sadder then the day when dad left. It was just a horrible day.

My mom handed me the flowers and card and i took a step down the porch. I looked up and prayed to god that this would go okay. I walked off my porch and down the driveway. I walked over to the house next to mine. It was always fixed.

New curtains, a beautiful garden. And bright yellow paint, a beautiful porch and an amazing family.

I walked up his porch and he smiled and looked down at my hands. Then he looked at my face and frowned.

"Im so sorry." He said. I looked for him to the flowers. I pointed them towards him and he took them. I handed him the gift card and started down the steps.

A hand grabbed my shoulder pulling me to a stop. I turned around and he looked hurt.

"I don't even get a birthday hug?" He asked.

How could i resist? I shrugged and gave him a hug and mumbled an "Im sorry"' in his ear before smiling and walking away.

I walked up my porch and into my house. I stumbled up the steps and into my room. I plopped dow on my bed and grabbed the new 'Seventeen' magazine from my bedside table. I glanced over at the clock and decided i should get ready for the football game.

I walked over to my closet and pulled out my band uniform. I slipped it on easily and grabbed my flute. I put my phone in my back pocket and walked into the bathroom to do some touch-ups to my make up. I quickly made my way back into my bedroom and peeked through my window to see if Chris was there.

I lifted it up quickly and frowned when i noticed he wasn't there. I closed them quickly and headed downstairs.

I stepped into the family room and my mom got up and gave me a quick hug and squeezed me tight.

"Its your last game! We have to get pictures!" She said and went to get her camera. When she reappeared she had tears in her eyes and a sad expression on her face.